The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #216 (778 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Friday! Yessss!

Great shave this morning to jump start my day. Everything went fairly smoothly as far as the shave itself. Followed up with some great warm weather closers. Profumo FTW!

Tough workout last night. Kept watching my numbers, feeling like I was working pretty hard but not necessarily seeing it reflected. By the end of class though it looked like I had done pretty decently, the arm monitor may have just been off a little.

Old Spanish Days/Fiesta has kicked off once again. Festivities began yesterday and will run through Sunday in multiple areas of town. Fun to experience at least once…too many excuses for people to drink and party all day otherwise 😂

Have a great Friday all; nearly to that finish line!

Old Spanish Days/Fiesta has kicked off once again. Festivities began yesterday and will run through Sunday in multiple areas of town. Fun to experience at least once…too many excuses for people to drink and party all day otherwise 😂
Sounds like fun! But, are there..

giphy.gif

Sounds like fun! But, are there..

giphy.gif
We have a number of good Mexican restaurants! All the range of less expensive to bougie. Unfortunately not many of the super cheap super good taco trucks that one finds in the CA Central Valley though with cost of living being what it is here.

Shave #217 (779 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress. OT workout and coffee in just before the drives started arriving for day 2 of Fiesta downtown. Back for a quick clean up and to kick start chores.

Great noontime shave! Not much to report except success. Chose some Idea Cologne to compliment the manly Mandom WS choice.

Headed in to work briefly to support a family. Weekend spiritual support has been a long time difficulty, whether it’s chaplain support or families calling for assistance securing a priest visit. You could offer all week, but people only need it when they need it…so once in a while when I feel I have the head space, I bite the bullet and take the little bit of OT.

After that it’s back to finish chores and kill some demons in Diablo 4. Been slowly watching the OG Alien movie with the kids, it’s making me want to buy Aliens: Dark Descent for some action! Still such a excellent movie for being over 40 years old.

Happy Saturday all!

Weekend spiritual support has been a long time difficulty, whether it’s chaplain support or families calling for assistance securing a priest visit. You could offer all week, but people only need it when they need it…so once in a while when I feel I have the head space, I bite the bullet and take the little bit of OT.
Good for you. I know when my dad had his own churches it was a tough call being available to the congregation and trying to set limits so they didn’t call at any and all hours so he could have his own family life.

I actually brought this exact issue up in a meeting yesterday and it turns out none of the people in the meeting knew what off-hour resources we might have so the plan is to have the spiritual director come present at the next meeting.

I actually brought this exact issue up in a meeting yesterday and it turns out none of the people in the meeting knew what off-hour resources we might have so the plan is to have the spiritual director come present at the next meeting.
I hope they can provide some good guidance! The answer for us so far has been, unfortunately, that there isn’t an optimal answer.

Unless they already have a spiritual community connection that we can really lean on to provide support, it falls to the SCs to cover when approved and if the patient/family is accepting, otherwise it is cold calls and total reliance one the good graces of the community spiritual leaders, if available.

We are fortunate to have an ordained and well connected Catholic priest on the team and even he can make any promises in finding help after hours or weekends.

It’s tough!

Shave #218 (780 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Pinaud Citrus Musk to finish!

Got a great bit of sleep in as we had no church gathering to get out and moving for. Just went out to grab some donuts and had a nice little family morning before the neighborhood kids came knocking to see if ours wanted to hang out before it started warming up.

Shave today was just OK. I’m either off my groove and pushing too hard for good results or I’ve hit a sub par patch of ProGuards the last couple. Lots of burn around the mustache area unfortunately. But I will say, I smell damn great! Forgot I had this unopened bottle of California Sunrise sitting around…superb scent! That’s to some inspiration from the many cities shaves I’ve been seeing lately, I also applied copious handfuls of Citrus Musk to finish.

Out to get groceries later…but for now, a pot of coffee and trip planning for next month.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #219 (781 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ah, Monday already?
IMG_0207.gif

At least today’s shave was much better. Same blade mind you, I just consciously took things down a notch and especially didn’t push the problem areas from yesterday so hard. As I was using Californian Sunrise yesterday, I had the passing thought that it might go well with DHS…and I was right!

A few visits on the books today. Not sure what else. Hopefully somewhat low key.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #220 (782 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Ended up being a busy day yesterday, but made it through decently.

Good shave this morning. Not a whole lot to report. I think I’ll give this blade another 3 shaves then into the bin it goes. Finished up with a bit darker scents today…Platinum AS plus Cardinal!

IDT this morning followed by some time spent at the EOL facility. Should be more chill today for workload!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #221 (783 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

The week is just zoomin along!

Good shave this morning! Nothing much to report. Used the Platinum combo with a little bit of the real Aventus juice this morning to finish.

Decent work day ahead. Things will be a bit hectic for the next couple weeks, as a colleague leaves today for a bit of an extended vacation and I’m working part of the coverage.

Today is the 20th anniversary with the missus and the upcoming trip is the big celebration, but we’ll do dinner later tonight to at least mark the day. Should be good!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #221 (783 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

The week is just zoomin along!

Good shave this morning! Nothing much to report. Used the Platinum combo with a little bit of the real Aventus juice this morning to finish.

Decent work day ahead. Things will be a bit hectic for the next couple weeks, as a colleague leaves today for a bit of an extended vacation and I’m working part of the coverage.

Today is the 20th anniversary with the missus and the upcoming trip is the big celebration, but we’ll do dinner later tonight to at least mark the day. Should be good!

Happy Wednesday all!
giphy.gif

Back