The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #207 (769 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Shave #208 (770 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Whoopsie! Forgot to post yesterday. They say the mind is the first thing to go!

Great shave this morning though with a fresh ProGuard. Chose to go with some flower citrus today. Still testing the waters with Mandarino to figure out if it suits me. It’s a good frag to be sure.

IDT this morning and hopefully I’ll be able to finish up what’s left of some online annual training. OT workout later!

Have a great Thursday all!

If Chris is showing signs of Old Guy Syndrome (OGS) what hope is there for the rest of us???

Stay Golden, Pony Boy.

giphy.gif

Shave #209 (771 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Ahhhh Friday!

Great shave this morning. Just a brush and frag swap this time. One more use of Savon Lavande will find it relegated to the “lost forever” category. When I got the large sample a number of years ago, it was already out of production, replace I suspect by Lavender Pour Homme. Not quite as nice as LPH was but still decent.

Let’s see what the day holds, shall we?

Shave #210 (772 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Dior Homme Cologne to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! OT workout this morning followed by a nice breakfast with the missus (mmmm chilaquiles!) and then back home for chores.

Cool water shower n shave for clean up. Kept with light n bright for the scents. Myrsol ADL as a perfect pair for DHC! Candied icy lemony goodness!

A few more loads of laundry to get through…then should be home free for the rest of the day!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #211 (773 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Not feeling much rested this morning…but up before the alarm anyway since I couldn’t fall back asleep either.

Great shave this morning! Not much to report. Last of the Savon Lavande used, bringing a nice floral to the dry almond and citrus of Ideal Cologne.

Off to church soon!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #212 (774 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh…Monday already?!

Great shave at least. Opted for semi-sporty citrus today to finish things off.

Thankfully, for the time being, predicted temps have dropped a bit for the next few days, which will make ruining around town much more bearable.

The missus and I finally have booked our flights for the upcoming UK trip and have set a basic plan and accommodations. 2 days in London, 2 days in the Cottswalds, the remainder few days heading up toward Edinburgh to experience some of Scotland. Next we solidify some more of the day to day details! Exciting!

Happy Monday all!

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh…Monday already?!

Thankfully, for the time being, predicted temps have dropped a bit for the next few days, which will make ruining around town much more bearable.

The missus and I finally have booked our flights for the upcoming UK trip and have set a basic plan and accommodations. 2 days in London, 2 days in the Cottswalds, the remainder few days heading up toward Edinburgh to experience some of Scotland. Next we solidify some more of the day to day details! Exciting!

Happy Monday all!
Color me jealous! Sounds like an awesome trip!

Ugh…Monday already?!

Happy Monday all!
I have 4 years worth of UK research that has gone unused so far. 2 days in London is 14 days too few. Try Rick Steves dot com for ideas. Enjoy.

Color me jealous! Sounds like an awesome trip!
I’m hoping so!
I have 4 years worth of UK research that has gone unused so far. 2 days in London is 14 days too few. Try Rick Steves dot com for ideas. Enjoy.
Yea, I queried the missus about it, as she’s doing most of the planning. She wanted to make the most of the trip and experience as much of the mainland UK as possible, should this be our only trip. She has a TV love affair with the Cottswalds and the northern stretches into Scotland, from her BBC nature shows and dramas, so didn’t want to miss seeing them. Surprisingly she doesn’t want to do Buckingham or anything like that. I said I’d be fine as long as we got to Jermyn St, maybe a whiskey tasting, and we might get to a football match.

Shave #213 (775 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Man, was a busy day yesterday. Today, hopefully not so much!

Great shave this morning! A fairly lavender oriented theme, bringing the nice Fine AB combo in for the finisher. Smelling good!

Man, more shake ups at work. We were slowly cruising back to a good place it had seemed for a little bit. It’s tough when management really doesn’t hint as to why. Makes things stressful. I understand to an extent the reason things are normally kept “mum” on specifics but the recent track record hasn’t really been normal. The culture of the organization just keeps taking hits as a result.

Will probably spend most of the day at the EOL facility today. Patients and their families still need care!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #213 (775 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Man, was a busy day yesterday. Today, hopefully not so much!

Great shave this morning! A fairly lavender oriented theme, bringing the nice Fine AB combo in for the finisher. Smelling good!

Man, more shake ups at work. We were slowly cruising back to a good place it had seemed for a little bit. It’s tough when management really doesn’t hint as to why. Makes things stressful. I understand to an extent the reason things are normally kept “mum” on specifics but the recent track record hasn’t really been normal. The culture of the organization just keeps taking hits as a result.

Will probably spend most of the day at the EOL facility today. Patients and their families still need care!

Happy Tuesday all!
Can't go wrong with Fine's "American Blend". 😎

Shave #214 (776 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

IMG_9854.gif

Great shave today! A little bit rough on the ATG in the mustache area, but otherwise perfect. I’m finding that I have to work a bit more quickly with this soap. It sure up real nice and fluffy but the lather dries a bit more quickly on the face it seems like. Finished with a nice blue combo…Sauvage was up to bat today!

Busy work day ahead! Definitely going to need my professional coffee this morning!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #215 (777 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Chuggin right along!

Great shave this morning…777 perfect, like my open blade shave count? Eh…maybe not that good, but still great! Did the Platinum combo to finish plus a little bit of the genuine juice. Pretty spiffy for a Thursday!

Regular work day ahead. OT workout later this evening. Probably some takeout for dinner. Should be a good day!

Happy Thursday all!

I look forward to hearing about your trip to the UK. Always wanted to go there. Thought I was going to get to go there for work this fall, but the plans changed.

I look forward to hearing about your trip to the UK. Always wanted to go there. Thought I was going to get to go there for work this fall, but the plans changed.
Thanks! It’s certainly been a long bucket list item that I thought I’d never get to do. First UK trip, first international travel…should be quite the learning experience!

Back