The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #227 (789 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, SV/TSC Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache to finish!

At least it’s not Monday! Yesterday was super busy, ew!

Good shave this morning. The lather was still meh, but at least I had some slickness to work with (thank you CBL!). Perhaps I’m just not loading enough soap, though it seems like I’m loading a bit more than I would with my synths. The experimentation continues. Finished with the boozy vanilla Moustache today!

Day will be spent mostly at the EOL facility today. Still the potential for another busy one. Definitely going to be stopping by the pro coffee shop before heading in!

Have a great Tuesday all!

At least it’s not Monday!
Wooo hoooo!!! 🥳

giphy-downsized.gif

Oh…more on my Spooner event. After the very brief communication Saturday from the company, which I responded to, I still have not received a communication back. The only reason I knew to order yesterday was because I checked myself and some new stock of the specific style I wanted had been released online.

I find that lack of notification fairly disappointing for a well known and loved luxury brand. Had I been solely relying on their response, I may have missed my opportunity again unknowingly.

There…rant over. 😂

Keep in mind that they're in the middle of a natural disaster. They might be a bit busy to get right back to you.

Keep in mind that they're in the middle of a natural disaster. They might be a bit busy to get right back to you.
Yes, there’s indeed that.

I’m sure there’s employees with affected family, whether in their Los Angeles or Oahu based operations. Another reason I’m supporting!

Shave #228 (790 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Chuggin right along!

A bit better of a shave this morning razor and blade off fine. Soap was still off. I loaded a bit more heavily today, with what I thought was much less starting moisture. Squeezed and shook out the brush before loading. Still too airy and by the end of the shave was a bit runny, though thankfully it didn’t pull a disappearing act this time. Finished blue today with Barby PR and Sauvage EDT!

We’ve had a very nice marine layer here every morning so far. It usually burns off and wakes up by noonish. It’s been nice to have cold nights and cool mornings in balance though.

OT workout later this evening!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #228 (790 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Chuggin right along!

A bit better of a shave this morning razor and blade off fine. Soap was still off. I loaded a bit more heavily today, with what I thought was much less starting moisture. Squeezed and shook out the brush before loading. Still too airy and by the end of the shave was a bit runny, though thankfully it didn’t pull a disappearing act this time. Finished blue today with Barby PR and Sauvage EDT!

We’ve had a very nice marine layer here every morning so far. It usually burns off and wakes up by noonish. It’s been nice to have cold nights and cool mornings in balance though.

OT workout later this evening!

Have a great Wednesday all!
Ahhh yes.. The ol' disappearing lather problem....

giphy.gif

Shave #229 (791 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Sorrentino/TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

It’s Thursday! And we edge ever closer to greatness!

Good shave today. Best with the badgers so far since bringing them back in to use. Still ending up a bit watery and airy at the end. But better. Finished with a nice smoky, gingery fruit combo today - California Sunshine + DHS!

IDT meeting this morning to cover for a coworker. Some facility visits around town.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #229 (791 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Sorrentino/TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

It’s Thursday! And we edge ever closer to greatness!

Good shave today. Best with the badgers so far since bringing them back in to use. Still ending up a bit watery and airy at the end. But better. Finished with a nice smoky, gingery fruit combo today - California Sunshine + DHS!

IDT meeting this morning to cover for a coworker. Some facility visits around town.

Have a great Thursday all!
Ah yes... Edging ever closer to greatness.. But there's still bad lather... 😕

giphy.gif

Shave #230 (792 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Sorrentino/TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

Finish line up ahead! It’s Friday!

Good shave this morning. About the same or maybe a slight improvement on the lather over yesterday’s. A large Dunri hole has opened up in the middle of the soap and is getting wider every use! Rockin the young man scents today…Aventus!

Busy work day yesterday, maybe another to close out the week? We’ll see.

Hope you all have a great work day!

1692370775578.png

People on the west coast of Ireland would say that you should do more than a few seconds of Googling.

Back