The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Congratulations!!

The Fine Platinum/Aventus combo is a great one I've allowed myself to indulge in a couple of times. I bought a 10ml decant of Aventus, just to see for myself. My immediate reaction the first time I smelled it was, Fine did a really good job with Platinum!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

giphy.gif
See, Dave! I told you he was older than 25!

Congrats Gear! ❤️
Congratulations!!

The Fine Platinum/Aventus combo is a great one I've allowed myself to indulge in a couple of times. I bought a 10ml decant of Aventus, just to see for myself. My immediate reaction the first time I smelled it was, Fine did a really good job with Platinum!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Congrats on 20 years. The next 10 go by extra quick.
Many thanks bros!

Shave #222 (784 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Great day was had yesterday! Not too bad at work and a great anniversary dinner out, just me and the missus.

Good shave this morning. Continuing the trend of not pushing the shave as much. Today I decided to top things off with the Fine AB combo. Great choice, if I do say so myself!

Greated by rain waking up this morning, of all things. Surprise! I don’t think any weather app had that one predicted. Should last through mid morning before tapering off. OT workout later this evening!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #222 (784 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Great day was had yesterday! Not too bad at work and a great anniversary dinner out, just me and the missus.

Good shave this morning. Continuing the trend of not pushing the shave as much. Today I decided to top things off with the Fine AB combo. Great choice, if I do say so myself!

Greated by rain waking up this morning, of all things. Surprise! I don’t think any weather app had that one predicted. Should last through mid morning before tapering off. OT workout later this evening!

Happy Thursday all!
Glad y'all had a good time. :)

Shave #223 (785 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

It’s Friday ya’ll!
giphy.gif

Good shave this morning. Last one for this blade; I’ll plop a fresh one in tomorrow. Needed something a bit special since I’m dragging a bit, so I went fancy and brought out my Tobacco Vanille decant. Excellent!

Starting the work day out at the EOL facility for some visits and supper. After that…who knows!

Have a great day all! Almost there!

Shave #224 (786 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, SV/TSC Anniversary collab brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Another Saturday, looking so far so good as far as getting things done for chill time. OT workout this morning and a brief stint to get coffee, as the missus has an open house to do for a few hours. Chores in progress.

Decent shave between laundry loads. Gotta get back to using my badgers or just sell/trade em. I feel bad, they’re such beautiful brushes but they’ve just been sitting for the last year at least, looking forlorn. Synths are my 99% of the time preference. Predictably, the lather as a result was not the best but I made due. Mandarino Di Amalfi is really growing on me as a warm weather scent; it feels much more properly unisex now and less feminine after the initial spray.

Just laundry left to finish! The missus gave me permission to buy the Maui benefiting Reyn Spooner but now the classic fit is out of stock in my size. Don’t think I want the tailored fit since I’ve got a slight old man gut now. I hope they restock soon.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #225 (787 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Myrsol Agua Di Limon AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Man, did not sleep well last night, even with an aid. Le sigh.

Good shave at least, despite my bleary eyed state. Lather with the Paladin was a bit better than yesterday’s but still not 100%, being more airy than I like. Finished with a pleasant, sporty citrus combo. Luna Rossa FTW!

Church this morning, grocery shopping later…that’s about it I think.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #226 (788 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Sorrentino/TSC First Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

I don’t know what happened but Monday found me yet again. 🤷‍♂️

Good shave this morning. Lather was meh again, but everything else went OK. Finished with Fine AB combo.

Busy day ahead today, doing my regular visits and catching up on new patients from the weekend.

Still waiting back for word on if the Reyn Spooner shop will have my preferred cut and size back in stock before the Maui benefit is finished. I contacted them an hour before closing Friday, they contacted back an hour after closing to ask what specific size I was looking for and have been dark since. 🤷‍♂️

Happy Monday all!

Shave #226 (788 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Sorrentino/TSC First Anniversary badger brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

I don’t know what happened but Monday found me yet again. 🤷‍♂️

Good shave this morning. Lather was meh again, but everything else went OK. Finished with Fine AB combo.

Busy day ahead today, doing my regular visits and catching up on new patients from the weekend.

Still waiting back for word on if the Reyn Spooner shop will have my preferred cut and size back in stock before the Maui benefit is finished. I contacted them an hour before closing Friday, they contacted back an hour after closing to ask what specific size I was looking for and have been dark since. 🤷‍♂️

Happy Monday all!
Chris gettin' all "islandy" 😎

giphy-downsized.gif

Still waiting back for word on if the Reyn Spooner shop will have my preferred cut and size back in stock
This is a nice way of Chris saying he needs a S shirt with L chest and arms because of those OT workouts.

Back