The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

and just like that.....Chris is rollin'..................

He has kids. I bet it wasn't "just like that". :ROFLMAO:
We were up, ready for the day, packed, loaded up, and had grabbed our Starbucks for the road within 2 hours. I’d say that’s decent!
Chris seems pretty organized......I bet he loaded the kids first.
The luggage does need something to cushion it from potholes 🤔

Shave #199 (761 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Last day off, to help get everyone back into the swing of things, square away things with the doggie hotel, and get laundry done. Admittedly I’m only looking forward slightly to getting back to work tomorrow. Thankfully it’ll only be a 3 day work week. Should be long enough to feel overwhelmed in catching up 😂

Back to the Essence this morning for an excellent shave. Had my decant of TF MDA waiting for me to get home. Unisex frag that leans slightly feminine (as most unisex seem to do)…beautiful, sweet, juicy Mandarin note off the top into a nice summery white floral with citrus undertones…definitely polar opposite from TDH if that’s what’s in your mind. This is light n bright.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #199 (761 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Last day off, to help get everyone back into the swing of things, square away things with the doggie hotel, and get laundry done. Admittedly I’m only looking forward slightly to getting back to work tomorrow. Thankfully it’ll only be a 3 day work week. Should be long enough to feel overwhelmed in catching up 😂

Back to the Essence this morning for an excellent shave. Had my decant of TF MDA waiting for me to get home. Unisex frag that leans slightly feminine (as most unisex seem to do)…beautiful, sweet, juicy Mandarin note off the top into a nice summery white floral with citrus undertones…definitely polar opposite from TDH if that’s what’s in your mind. This is light n bright.

Ahh yes... First day back...

giphy.gif

Shave #200 (762 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

A bit of a restless night, probably anticipating getting caught up with work today. But hey, it is Wednesday!

Great shave this morning to get me going! Used some good fresh lavender scents. Looks like we may finally be getting into our warmer summer days, with upper 80s and into the 90s predicted. Gotta keep things cool!

Have a good day all!

Shave #201 (763 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Hoooo man, what a catch up day yesterday! Thankfully that’s the bulk of it done. I was zonked out by the end of the day.

Great shave this morning to help knock some of the sleep from my eyes. Went with the Platinum combo to finish things up.

Another busy day of visits today. Likely an OT workout later this evening. Should be another whopper of a day!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #202 (764 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Friiiiiiidayyyyyyy!

Great shave this morning to close the work week. I either didn’t sleep well for some reason or the OT workout last night was more tiring than I thought. Leaning towards poor nights rest and everyone else in the house is mysteriously dragging as well. Finished up with the classy Sartorial!

Definitely feeling more caught up this morning. Yesterday was crazy, but I got through it. Hopefully I can settle back into a more steady routine now!

Have a great close to the work week all!

Shave #203 (765 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

Man, dang skunks. Some of em were hanging around somewhere in the neighborhood and did their thing early this morning…that was an eye opener. Needless to say…poor sleep was had. Still, up for the OT workout and coffee!

Great cool water shave for a bit of a more sunny and warm day. The marine layer held out till about 10/11 at least and upper 80s to low 90s hitting all weekend and through next week supposedly, so keeping this cool.

Thankfully less laundry to do today since I did some mid week when we returned home. The whole family is looking forward to going to a concert later tonight, to go see most recent American Idol winner Iam Tongi! For two of the kids, it’ll be their first. Should be fun!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #204 (766 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Myrsol Agua De Limon AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Fun concert last night. Was it a spectacular feat of musical production? No. The kid is clearly just starting out. But it was still good…more like a semi-professional jam session with a number of good song covers (he’s only got a few originals at the moment). A number of good Hawaiian classics and some Marley.

Great shave this morning! Decided to go light n classy and reached for a lemony combo - Agua De Limon and ADP Colonia! Refreshing.

Church this morning, then grocery shopping for the week. Hopefully a chill day after. Our passports finally arrived after many months…so now we can start planning our UK trip in earnest!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Skunks, are you sure it wasn't some frat boys toking something?

Myrsol Aqua di Limon is one of my favorites, I don't use it a lot, but it always brings a smile when I do.
Lol nah…we do have a bunch of hippies in SB, but they keep mostly to Painted Caves and less suburb-type spots. Not many frat boys, they’re mostly cruising downtown or in Isla Vista/Goleta by the UC.

Agreed Agua De Limon is very fun. Love to use it with Colonia like today or Dior Homme Cologne

Shave #205 (767 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Ewww Monday…and a full work week ahead no less…booo!

Pretty decent shave this morning. Felt a little rough. Not sure if it’s the blade’s time to go or just clumsy morning hands. Finished with the Fine AB combo.

Hopefully back to a regular routine this week at least. Kids have afternoon beach volleyball camp the first half of the week. Only about a month left of summer for them, hard to believe. We’ll be back in the hectic rush of morning drop offs before we know it!

Hope Monday treats you all well!

Shave #206 (768 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Acqua aid Gio Profumo to finish!

Busy day but not too bad yesterday. At least today isn’t Monday anymore 😂

Good shave this morning. Just the same ol except for the brush and finishing scents. Mixed the uber freshness of Barba with the spicy oceanic flavors of Profumo today. Not bad!

IDT meeting this morning at the EOL facility, then some visits. Have some annual online training to catch up on too!

Back