The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #193 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Head injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

A bit of a sleep in. It’s going to be a long day. We’re off to it though!

Happy Wednesday all!
Chris just now......

Shave #194 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Thankfully a quicker than expected (less stops) and uneventful trip to the destination. Tensions started out high as the normal intrapersonal issues between the sibling sisters played out…but hopefully that’s out of the way and done now for the week.

Great shave with the travel kit. Everything will remain the same except for cologne choice. I brought a couple day choices and one fancy decant.

Today is setup and vendor and competitor groups arriving. So off to it after some breakfast!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #194 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Thankfully a quicker than expected (less stops) and uneventful trip to the destination. Tensions started out high as the normal intrapersonal issues between the sibling sisters played out…but hopefully that’s out of the way and done now for the week.

Great shave with the travel kit. Everything will remain the same except for cologne choice. I brought a couple day choices and one fancy decant.

Today is setup and vendor and competitor groups arriving. So off to it after some breakfast!

Happy Thursday all!
Chris be all like... 😁

525105.jpg

Fortunately or unfortunately, the missus stole the wheel for the trip down…and didn’t want to share, so I got to ride shotgun the whole trip. But that means I’ll more than likely be made to do the trip home, hopefully not at some ungodly hour.

Shave #195 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Here we go! Day 1 of the event! Already errand boy, running around like a chicken with my head cut off 😂

Happy Friday all!

Shave #196 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Could use a sleep in day…but no time for that! First official day of the festival went pretty dang good for everyone, family, competitors, and vendors alike.

Today is going to be longer by hours as there’s more numbers scheduled. Plus later this evening is the usual tradition of our festival, kane kapela, where there’s a night of crowding the lounge and lobby area with impromptu energetic jam sessions for anyone of musical inclinations and more cultural dances. It’s usually a pretty good time!

Great shave this morning. I’ve missed having soft water like this. You just give the soap a stern look and it explodes into lather 😂

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #197 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

Final day of competition. We’ve had some really strong competition this year and things have gone relatively smoothly except for some vagrant issues and a few folks trying to skirt some attendance/viewing rules. The event even made local news a couple times!

TF Tobacco Vanille to see me put the door today. I’ve been putting on a pump nightly as my evening scent…today it gets full day wear!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #198 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

It’s go day. Time to roll out!
giphy.gif

Back