The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

You have to be an expert task juggler by now..

giphy.gif
Tu-tu and all!

Shave #189 (757 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Off to a normal Saturday! I’m pretty beat though, even with the extra hour’s sleep. This last work week just wiped me out. Anyway, OT workout then pro coffee and baked goody.

Great shave this morning. Fresh ProGuard in the Essence. Selected Fine AB combo for the finish today. I decided I’m determined to eliminate dupe fragrances for the time being, while I also work on my slow 3017s of shaving soaps.

Hoping that after laundry is don’t there won’t be any honey-dos!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #189 (757 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Off to a normal Saturday! I’m pretty beat though, even with the extra hour’s sleep. This last work week just wiped me out. Anyway, OT workout then pro coffee and baked goody.

Great shave this morning. Fresh ProGuard in the Essence. Selected Fine AB combo for the finish today. I decided I’m determined to eliminate dupe fragrances for the time being, while I also work on my slow 3017s of shaving soaps.

Hoping that after laundry is don’t there won’t be any honey-dos!

Have a great Saturday all!
When you say you mean to eliminate Dupes, do you mean by ceasing to use them, or by using them up? Using them up seems like a lot more fun!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

When you say you mean to eliminate Dupes, do you mean by ceasing to use them, or by using them up? Using them up seems like a lot more fun!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Using them up! I’m one to try and avoid waste when I can.

Shave #190 (758 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Up for church! Not feeling rested much but at least it was a nice and chill day yesterday. Excellent shave this morning, capped with the extravagant Jubilation XXV (even as I rock the t-shirt and shorts with sandals today). Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #191 (759 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Monday…the Monday of a 2 day work week!
giphy.gif

Great shave this morning. One more to go, then this gets set aside for a week. Def not taking it on the trip. I mean we’ll be at a decent hotel for the area…but takin no chances. Anyway, fresh barbershop scents today for the win. Tomorrow will be the Hombres’ last hurrah by its lonesome, then it’ll be relegated to the clown Puke tub for the trip.

Work aside and making sure things are ready to go…everything is looking toward Wednesday this week. The family will be heading out to the hula festival we normally run every summer. I can believe it, but we haven’t been able to hold it the last 3 years due to COVID stuff. We’re back on track now though. So busy times head, not to mention the boorish travel time necessary…but should be a good time.

Happy Monday all!

Shave #192 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

giphy.gif

Great shave on this Fruesdsy (your Tuesday my Friday) morning! The remaining ring of Hombres has now been mashed up and married to the Clown Puke tub, and left out to firm up a bit. No complaints, excellent results!

IDT meeting this morning and some visits at the EOL facility. Hopefully not too crazy of a day (*knock on wood*).

Definitely not looking forward to tomorrow’s drive but should be good times ahead!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #193 (760 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Head injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

A bit of a sleep in. It’s going to be a long day. We’re off to it though!

Happy Wednesday all!

Back