The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Great day yesterday! Dinner bill was hefty but the food was pretty dang good. The missus had a great time and that’s what matters!
The first two sentences above left me puzzled: a hefty bill for less than excellent food - how is that excellent? The third explains it. Gotcha! :)

Shave #184 (752 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ew Monday! Stayed up a bit later than I should have last night, so I’m a bit tired.

Great shave this morning at least! Not a whole lot to report. Used the Hombres soap/AST combo and finished up with DHS ‘19 to keep things brighter and more citrusy.

Not sure why I didn’t think to just take today off and have a long weekend. Just as well I guess, since there’s things I can take care of.

A few visits lined up today and hopefully I can make more progress on this volunteer talk I’m supposed to do Wednesday evening. I’ve had less time than I’d hoped to work on it. Ruh-roh raggy!

Have a great day all!

Not sure why I didn’t think to just take today off and have a long weekend. Just as well I guess, since there’s things I can take care of.
Feeling the same way over here, except with the pro-rated vacation from the job change, didn't have much extra to burn. Ah well, at least it's a quiet day!

Shave #185 (753 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

A hearty Happy Independence Day and 4th all!

Nice sleep in this morning, followed with an excellent shave. Same basic setup as yesterday, just some variety of brush, AS, and frag. Finished with the dry, salty, marine, driftwoody Oud Minerale today!

Should be a chill day at home. Some friends coming over later to hang out and have dinner.

Hope you all have a great one!

Shave #186 (754 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

OK night’s rest after a great day yesterday. Taught our friends to play Wingspan and had a great rib dinner!

Great shave this morning with the Essence. Not a whole lot to report…just steady as she goes. The donut ring in the soap is more like and o-ring now. It’ll have to head off to the clown puke tub at some point soon I think. Finished with churchy incense - Avignon!

Back to the work grind today. Feels a bit weird, as yesterday a couple of times it felt like a Saturday! Some visits lined up and a volunteer training session to help with at the end of the work day. Then OT workout!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #187 (755 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Man, long and busy day yesterday! Even had to miss out on the OT workout as a result…bummer!

Great shave this morning though. Went fresh and blue for the scents. Hard to get more classic blue than Barby PR AS and Sauvage EDT! Smelling good!

Another whopper of a day…well the next 2 days even! Peeking at the work phone this morning we had a booty load of admissions of which I was assigned 5 new folks. It is what it is though I guess. Le sigh.

Off to it! Happy Thursday all!

Shave #187 (755 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Man, long and busy day yesterday! Even had to miss out on the OT workout as a result…bummer!

Great shave this morning though. Went fresh and blue for the scents. Hard to get more classic blue than Barby PR AS and Sauvage EDT! Smelling good!

Another whopper of a day…well the next 2 days even! Peeking at the work phone this morning we had a booty load of admissions of which I was assigned 5 new folks. It is what it is though I guess. Le sigh.

Off to it! Happy Thursday all!
Vid of Chris all day yesterday..

giphy.gif

Shave #188 (756 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Oh man…yesterday was indeed a doozy of a day! But I got through it!

Great shave this morning. Gonna swap blades for tomorrow I believe…not that todays was bad or had bad results, just felt like it could have been a bit more smooth. Targeted Profumo today and went for it. I hear the new Parfum is pretty good. May need to try that once this decant of Profumo is gone; it does suck they DCed Profumo.

Finished the last (most likely) season of Ted Lasso. Outstanding series overall! Ended very well.

Another humdinger of a day ahead today most likely. Hope you all have a good one!

Shave #188 (756 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Oh man…yesterday was indeed a doozy of a day! But I got through it!

Great shave this morning. Gonna swap blades for tomorrow I believe…not that todays was bad or had bad results, just felt like it could have been a bit more smooth. Targeted Profumo today and went for it. I hear the new Parfum is pretty good. May need to try that once this decant of Profumo is gone; it does suck they DCed Profumo.

Finished the last (most likely) season of Ted Lasso. Outstanding series overall! Ended very well.

Another humdinger of a day ahead today most likely. Hope you all have a good one!
You have to be an expert task juggler by now..

giphy.gif

Back