The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

"...methodically run through" is code for 3017ing. ;)
😢🤫
These phrases being thrown around as though Gear isn't prematurely aging himself.
Well, he does have some gray hair...
My head…whether by age or stress has indeed greatly increased its gray hair production this last year. I haven’t reached salt and pepper stage yet, but it’s on its way.
The young man has no hair on his arms.......he's going to remain 19 forever.
True. Though also true to my Chinese and Italian heritage, I will undoubtedly begin shrinking to a lesser stature in the latter years of my life. So I’ll be a young, short man.

Shave #180 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

Tough OT workout last night, but I rocked it! Followup up with a protein refill from Chipotle. Yum!

Great shave this morning. Basically the same a yesterday except for the frag. Got a 10ml decant of Tobacco Vanille to try for the first time. Wow, that is not what I expected! It’s pretty good though, not quite as youthful as I imagined but very solid frag. To me, right now it feels like a quality mash up between Prada L’Homme and a clove heavy bay rum. I like it!

IDT meeting this morning and a handful of visits throughout the day. Working on getting through what I’m going to say for a volunteer training next week. I’m covering something about chaplains, which is fine, but also go co-opted into doing an extra section since the normal person who might do it can’t make the training timeframe. We’ll see how it goes.

Happy Thursday all!

Got a 10ml decant of Tobacco Vanille to try for the first time.
Def. good stuff!

giphy.gif

Shave #181 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Replica By the Fireplace to finish!

Decent day after all yesterday. Hopefully another one today to close out the week!

Started out well enough with an excellent shave. The last one for this round of the Parker AI. No clue what I’m going to use next…maybe I’ll break the cycle a bit and switch back to open blade early? IDK. Finished up today with a new pairing - Fine Platinum AS/EDT combo plus a couple light sprays of By the Fireplace…hooooooo that was a great choice! They go well together!

Tobacco Vanille lasted all day yesterday! I used about 4 sprays total from the decant, 2 on the body and 2 on the undershirt. Really solid.

Enjoying Diablo 4. Lots of nostalgia from way back in the 90s when I played the first one. Plenty of fun mechanics so far to keep things spicy!

Hope you all have a great Friday! Almost that weekend!

Gear, you keep buying fancy schmancy scents with French names and all you really need it Tom Ford. :)

Shave #182 (751 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine Platinum AB EDT + Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress, so far. Challenging OT workout this morning and a nice birthday breakfast out for the missus. Back for chores.

Great x shave this afternoon. Called it as I did it and got back to the Tedalus. Not sure how many shaves are on this blade already, I forget. It did the job though! Finished with the Fine AB combo and later before the birthday dinner I’ll layer on some of TF BDJ!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #183 (752 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Great day yesterday! Dinner bill was hefty but the food was pretty dang good. The missus had a great time and that’s what matters!

Good shave this morning after a little sleep in. 3 solid passes and a woody spicy finished with ADG Absolu Instinct!

No church this morning. Grabbing donuts and some coffee. Brief morning walk with the missus along the beachfront, then hopefully a chill day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #183 (752 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Great day yesterday! Dinner bill was hefty but the food was pretty dang good. The missus had a great time and that’s what matters!

Good shave this morning after a little sleep in. 3 solid passes and a woody spicy finished with ADG Absolu Instinct!

No church this morning. Grabbing donuts and some coffee. Brief morning walk with the missus along the beachfront, then hopefully a chill day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!
Mmmmmmmmm..

giphy.gif

Back