The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

See my post right above yours.

It’s not exactly a sax-a-boom but I call it that because it reminds me of the whole performance in my shave post for the day.
So I actually googled this and found out it's basically a toy musical instrument that actor Jack Black has made famous. I resisted watching any of the videos of him playing. :)

Shave #177 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ah Monday. What’s to say? Thou has impugned my being with lack of a good nights rest and it’s the start of another work week. Tsk tsk!

Great shave at least, to give me time to wake up some. Bunch of fresh and fruity/vegetal today with the Hombres/DHS combo. The donut hole in the soap is ginormous now! Excellent results!

Let’s see what the day holds in store!

Good luck on this Monday all! 😂

Ahh yes, I do detect the rank odor of Monday....

giphy.gif

Shave #178 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Did finish off with a combo of Aventus dupe and real Aventus. I wish I could have experienced earlier iterations of the real juice…people say it was so fruity and amazing. The sample vial batch I got has like 0 fruit and is mostly smoky birch and a bit of pepper. It’s weird Creed’s flagship remained relevant so long when it has literally zero consistency (every batch is different). I mean I guess it’s still not bad…but at the prices it is…yeah.

Anywho, enough of that!

Nothing like starting the day out busy! Already had some business waiting for me this morning by via work phone…and two back to back meetings first thing, when I do get in the office. Yay. 🙄

Happy Tuesday all!

You seem to be experiencing Monday 2.0.

Man, that Hombres is holding on strong. How many days is it now?

Shave #178 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Did finish off with a combo of Aventus dupe and real Aventus. I wish I could have experienced earlier iterations of the real juice…people say it was so fruity and amazing. The sample vial batch I got has like 0 fruit and is mostly smoky birch and a bit of pepper. It’s weird Creed’s flagship remained relevant so long when it has literally zero consistency (every batch is different). I mean I guess it’s still not bad…but at the prices it is…yeah.

Anywho, enough of that!

Nothing like starting the day out busy! Already had some business waiting for me this morning by via work phone…and two back to back meetings first thing, when I do get in the office. Yay. 🙄

Happy Tuesday all!
I've never been a big fan of Aventus. It's just "okay" to me. Never understood all the hype around it. For me, Frank's "Succès" EdP works well enough and at about 1/6 the price based on Creed Boutique prices.

You seem to be experiencing Monday 2.0.

Man, that Hombres is holding on strong. How many days is it now?
Yea, busy morning.

Oh, fair question…I honestly don’t know. It’s been a couple months at least it feels like.
I've never been a big fan of Aventus. It's just "okay" to me. Never understood all the hype around it. For me, Frank's "Succès" EdP works well enough and at about 1/6 the price based on Creed Boutique prices.
I mean I get why it’s a well known frag, it is nice, probably used to be much more nice and special once upon a time, but it’s just a cash cow now. The prices old batches can go for…phew.

I got a tiny decant, and it was fine. It made me happy to have had the fun of trying a bunch of dupes, because I really like the general idea of pineapple. My favorite dupes are Dossier Musky Oakmoss, and Armaf Club De Nuit. Captain's Choice Venture and the Fine one (Platinum?) are nice and brief when that's what you need. I don't have the Stirling splash, but I use the bar soap.
Aventus. I'm a fan. Of the dupes.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Shave #179 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

It’s Wednesday y’all!

Great shave this morning. Pulled out Lucky Tiger which is a great AS but hasn’t seen much play lately. That’s another facet of trying to methodically run through my shave software collections…working down my AS collection as well! The dirty orange of LT was a great offset to the austere church incense of Avignon!

Nearly through the second season of Ted Lasso. Lots of interesting interplays. I like what’s going on with the Doc-tor so far…really not liking what they’ve done with Nate the Great’s character at all. Hopefully that gets turned around! Diamond Dogs! Rawr rawr rooooo! 😂

Have a great Wednesday all!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Nate the great's story. It does take the entire run of the series to play out.

Back