The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #173 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Marching right along!

Another home run shave today with the Tech. No fuss at all! Finished fresh n citrusy with Hombres AST and DHS!

Tough workout yesterday evening with lots of rowing. Ew! Had the good post-workout reward of a great Thai dinner at least. I ordered what was called Bangkok Street Noodles. Limey broth with perfect noodles, chopped peanuts, pork belly, sausage, bok choy, fish sauce, an jalapeño spice kick, and other appropriate Asian seasonings and ingredients…yum!

Not sure what kind of day is ahead today…but I’m gonna find out!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #174 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

It’s Friday ya’ll!
IMG_3500.gif

Great final shave for the week of the Tech! Seems like this Tech/Astra SP combo could go on for a while longer yet…but I’ll give the spotlight to something else tomorrow. Bunch of fresh scents served up today - the disco unobtainium Barbasol PR AS followed up by generous spritzes of the powerhouse Sauvage EDT. As a certain famous nurse says - Boom!

Over the last week the missus and I have been watching the first season of Ted Lasso, just a couple more episodes until we’re on to the next. Excellent so far!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Go get em! Happy Friday!

You're only on season 1???? Oh man.....the 2nd season is a ride and a half. But the 3rd season is soooooo good (now I want to go back and watch it series again). We named our new kitten Keeley F*cking Jones (and yes that's how its listed at the vets office) mainly because she's a strong, independent kitten...but also because we love that character.

Have a great one, Chris!
Thanks Mark!
You're only on season 1???? Oh man.....the 2nd season is a ride and a half. But the 3rd season is soooooo good (now I want to go back and watch it series again). We named our new kitten Keeley F*cking Jones (and yes that's how its listed at the vets office) mainly because she's a strong, independent kitten...but also because we love that character.
Yep…we signed up for Apple TV just for the show. Had been putting it off a while otherwise. Too many friends giving the series high praise though, so we took the dive!

Shave #175 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unknown blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Creed Silver Mountain Water to finish!

It’s Saturday friends! That meant OT workout to start the day (after the precious hour of extra sleep the weekend brings). Then to a coffee date out with the missus. Then back home for…yep…chores!

Great shave this morning with the Parker AI. Unfortunately near the start of the second pass, I fumbled the razor a bit, knocking the blade slightly out of place. I was able to finish the shave, but instead of trying to finagle it back in place, I’m just going to slide in a fresh one tomorrow. A long time ago I got the missus a small sample of Creed SMW to try…but she’s never used it! It’s supposed to be a slightly masculine unisex frag, so I figured, why not! Not bad! I wouldn’t buy it personally, as it’s a bit too much white florals going on though it feels like it’s a very low projecting scent. It does lean a hair masculine. I wouldn’t call it a refreshing summer frag, but it is a good, clean floral.

A couple more loads of laundry to do. Some dinner out with friends later. Sermon is pretty much ready to go for tomorrow!

Have a good rest of the day ya’ll!

Shave #176 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Parker Adjustable Injector, unbranded Personna blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Guerlain Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

It’s Sunday…and I’m rocking my seal sax-a-boom shirt from Father’s Day!

Great shave this morning! Fresh blade in the Parker AI, so while I may not 100% know what edge I’m shaving off of due to this unbranded, it’s at least aligned properly. Went fresh and manly today for scents…the excellent modern barbershop of Barba with the dry almond and sharp citrus of Ideal Cologne. Yum!

Church this morning, probably grocery shopping later. Considering getting the new Diablo (nostalgia! Loved the original.) or there’s the new Aliens Dark Descent that looks good too. Maybe!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back