The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #170 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh Monday. The weekend flew by all too quickly.

Excellent shave this morning, I won’t say it necessarily helped me wake up though. That award goes to the bright AF sun shining through the cracks in the completely closed blinds. A bunch of light floral and citrusy scents today to send me on my way!

Well despite yesterday’s blip of a gray day, the sun has rallied and there isn’t a single cloud in the sky. May see temps in the 80s by week’s end. Has summer finally hit?

Lots of work emails over the weekend. Looks like some major catch up to do. For whatever reason, we often seem to have weekend rushes of admits. Annoying, but it is what it is.

Happy Monday all!

Has summer finally hit?
Not yet, but soon!

giphy.gif

Well despite yesterday’s blip of a gray day, the sun has rallied and there isn’t a single cloud in the sky. May see temps in the 80s by week’s end. Has summer finally hit?
Hopefully it has for you. Here we'll be in the high 80s this week. We were in the low 70s over the weekend. Who knows what next week may bring?

Shave #171 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

At least it’s not Monday!

Excellent shave this morning with the Tech! Just did the usual scent swap for AS and frag. Decided to go churchy today with Cardinal. Bless me Father, for I smell great!

Spending most of the day at the EOL facility today. Nothing too big going on though I think. May give me some time to work on the sermon for Sunday.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #171 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

At least it’s not Monday!

Excellent shave this morning with the Tech! Just did the usual scent swap for AS and frag. Decided to go churchy today with Cardinal. Bless me Father, for I smell great!

Spending most of the day at the EOL facility today. Nothing too big going on though I think. May give me some time to work on the sermon for Sunday.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Have you ever considered the similarities between the process of delivering a weekly sermon, and pitching a major league baseball game? They're a roughly weekly process, with different phases of preparation taking place across the week, all directed towards delivering flawlessly, or at least skillfully, a specialized performance. The *only* reason this occurred to me is that I am listening to a radio discussion of pitching prep, just as I read your words about sermon prep.

It is a particular job structure they share, I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

And that's not nothing...

giphy.gif
Indeed, it’s something!
Have you ever considered the similarities between the process of delivering a weekly sermon, and pitching a major league baseball game? They're a roughly weekly process, with different phases of preparation taking place across the week, all directed towards delivering flawlessly, or at least skillfully, a specialized performance. The *only* reason this occurred to me is that I am listening to a radio discussion of pitching prep, just as I read your words about sermon prep.

It is a particular job structure they share, I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I think it’s a valid comparison in some ways, sure! Such as the drive to make every game or sermon memorable/impactful, though the vast majority of one’s career only has a handful of standout moments…it all just otherwise gets shuffled into a generally positive or negative view of the team/church as a whole. Though it has its rewards, I’m very grateful I don’t have to do it every week though, it can be quite draining.
I never smelled a cardinal before... Evidently they smell as pretty as they look.
IMG_3253.jpeg
Chris is now in line to be the Pope of the Cadre......we await the white smoke with bated breath.....

...oh....not yet.
I’d love a Popemobile!

Shave #172 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

IMG_9854.gif

Great shave this morning, even if a mish mosh of scents. It worked! 3 easy peasy passes with no battle damage.

Made some decent progress on the sermon yesterday. Work wasn’t too busy. Oh, I did make a bunch of stop ins throughout the EOL facility to see people, but it was just a sleepy day for folks. That’s just the way it is sometimes.

OT workout this evening!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back