The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #166 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Chuggin right along! Tough OT workout last night. “Capture the Flag” themed with lots of rowing. Didn’t die thankfully! 😂

Great shave this morning. A bit rough on the WTG of all things but it smoother out after that. Only one more shave for the Vector this week, so the blade can be tossed after. Kept with a dark scent theme, the smoky pepper of Platinum AS along with the dark, slightly chocolatey iris of DHO!

The day starts off with more IDT meetings, then some home visits. Should be a decent one!

Happy Thursday all!

Didn’t die thankfully! 😂
giphy.gif

You're dedicated to the Hombres, aren't you? I used the aftershave tonic this morning. Such a great scent.
I seem to be! Fortunately I have another tub of it that I can call up to the plate at some yet undetermined later date!
My family thinks so!
Unless they were floating, I question this tactic.
Hah! It’s more of a distance challenge. You’re on a team of 2 and have to hit 3000 meters to get your first “flag” then every 1000 meters after that earns another.
Chris, you have what it takes to ditch the extras and embrace the Minimalist Lifestyle, yet you deliberately backslide. Puzzling, and disappointing. 😔
The unscented life is definitely not calling to me…sorry Bruce 😂

The unscented life is definitely not calling to me…sorry Bruce 😂
Pick your flavors, buying only 1-2 tubs at a time (I buy 2 to save on postage). Keep no more than a handful of soaps and AS on hand, ordering more when starting your last tub or bottle. Don't hoard blades, but use up a tuck before starting another. This is my definition of minimalism. You've taken baby steps, now it's time to commit!

Shave #167 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Friday! Finally!

Great shave this morning, wrapping up the week of Vector use. Up next? IDK…the Tech maybe? Or an OC? Finished up with dumb reach today. Kept the Platinum AS and swapped out frags for the latest iteration of DH, which was a total departure from the previous versions, but a very safe and office appropriate woodsy scent.

Cloudy with a chance of rain/thunder storms today…supposedly followed by a week of sun and mid 70s…guess we’ll see about that! The forecast has been fairly different day to day. Looking forward to the weekend.

Happy Friday all!

Cloudy with a chance of rain/thunder storms today…supposedly followed by a week of sun and mid 70s…guess we’ll see about that! The forecast has been fairly different day to day. Looking forward to the weekend.
We've been getting rain for a day or two, followed by a sunny day or two, then more rain. Enjoy your weekend!

I totally forgot about Father's day (my dad passed a few years back and my daughter moved half way across the country) so Father's day isn't even on my radar anymore. Enjoy yours.

I totally forgot about Father's day (my dad passed a few years back and my daughter moved half way across the country) so Father's day isn't even on my radar anymore. Enjoy yours.
Understandable. I have to be reminded of most special dates anyway, whether or not I’m a participant. Thank you Google and Facebook!

Shave #168 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Nice sunny Saturday in progress. Kicked things off with a little bit of sleep in and then off to the usual OT workout, followed by coffee and baked goodie. Back home for some chores.

Great shave this afternoon. Decided on the Tech and it just skated along nicely on the Hombres lather. The donut hole in the soap is getting bigger daily! Finished up with fresh scents - Hombres AST plus ADG Profumo!

Finishing up the last few loads of laundry and having an otherwise chill day!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #169 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers, fur baby fathers, and father figures out there!

Hit some favorites today for the shave to get an excellent day started! Brought in the beautiful Graydog Art Deco with pony synth knot, put Fine AB AS up as the middle man…and finished strong with a healthy amount of TF BDJ spritzes! Clean shaven and smelling great!

Church this morning followed by a relaxed afternoon. Dinner out later!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back