The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #161 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Montale Fabulous Oud to finish!

Late but pretty good night to close things off. Great meal at the Fish House…boy was I stuffed from my shrimp and scallop risotto! Then back to the house my in-laws rented for the weekend for some birthday cake for my MIL.

Great shave this morning after a lazy wake up. Probably could have tossed around a bit more but 2 additional hours of sleep over my usual wake up time is pretty good I think. Last minute call up for the buttery smooth Vector plus Proline combo. Went with darker and more powerful scents today, as the weather is remaining gray. Finished with Platinum AS plus Fantastic Oud!

Out this morning for breakfast at t here Boathouse on Hendry’s Beach. Then some beach time and downtown shopping stroll.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #162 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Hope you all are having a blessed Sunday!

Shave #163 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ah Monday. Full week ahead to Father’s Day! Did not sleep well…Le sigh.

Great shave this morning at least, to help me wake up. Still going to be another gray, cool day but I went for lighter n brighter scents. Hombres combo finished up with the refined sporty citrus of DHS ‘19.

Plenty of catch up to do to get back into the swing of things today. Dentist appointment later for a cleaning. Let’s get to it!

Have a great Monday all!

Did not sleep well…Le sigh.
Hate when that happens..

giphy.gif

Let’s get to it!

Have a great Monday all!

My Monday was seeming very ho-hum....and then I read the last two lines of your post. I don't drink coffee....but you're my morning puck-me-up. Thanks Chris....and have an awesome day!

Hate when that happens..

giphy.gif
That was my morning…as I tossed around a couple hours before my alarm, trying to get back under for a few more winks of sleep.
Since I have no kids, does this mean it's cheating for me to use Father's Day sale codes? 🤔
You’re a father figure to some body I’m sure! Though you could take it a bit easier on those red-headed dandelion children of yours.
My Monday was seeming very ho-hum....and then I read the last two lines of your post. I don't drink coffee....but you're my morning puck-me-up. Thanks Chris....and have an awesome day!
Better than being your morning pucker-me-up I guess! I’ll take it!

Shave #164 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial + Sartorial clone oil to finish!

Good report from the dentist’s along with a cleaning yesterday. My main failure is when it comes to putting in the extra time to floss 🤷‍♂️

Great shave this morning as the fog of sleepiness faded. Continued the fresh scents today, opting for Barba and Sartorial. Not sure how many shaves are on this Proline. Seems to be just holding up perhaps. May need a swap soon.

Off to the EOL facility today for work. IDT to kick things off. Census is still low overall so there some shake up here n there, as well as some rebalancing of duties. I’ll be passing off one of the 3 teams I help to a different chaplain but at the same time gaining an extra responsibility for the two I will still have. No other changes…that I’ve been told of so far anyway. Hopefully the ship rights soon.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #164 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial + Sartorial clone oil to finish!

Good report from the dentist’s along with a cleaning yesterday. My main failure is when it comes to putting in the extra time to floss 🤷‍♂️

Great shave this morning as the fog of sleepiness faded. Continued the fresh scents today, opting for Barba and Sartorial. Not sure how many shaves are on this Proline. Seems to be just holding up perhaps. May need a swap soon.

Off to the EOL facility today for work. IDT to kick things off. Census is still low overall so there some shake up here n there, as well as some rebalancing of duties. I’ll be passing off one of the 3 teams I help to a different chaplain but at the same time gaining an extra responsibility for the two I will still have. No other changes…that I’ve been told of so far anyway. Hopefully the ship rights soon.

Have a great Tuesday all!
Gotta love trips to the dentist... :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Good report from the dentist’s along with a cleaning yesterday. My main failure is when it comes to putting in the extra time to floss
Ya, but did they comment on how good you smelled? Or was this after an OT workout?

Gotta love trips to the dentist... :rolleyes:

giphy.gif
Yea…you get to pay them to induce pain! What’s up with that? 😂
Ya, but did they comment on how good you smelled? Or was this after an OT workout?
My appointment was at the end of the workday so the frag was more of a skin scent by then sadly…or at least they would have needed to get uncomfortably close to smell it, as they wore a surgical mask.

Shave #165 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Just about half way through the work week!

Great shave this morning! Not much to report…same ol same ol. Did use darker scents today to finish up. The smoky pepper of Platinum followed by the boozy vanilla of Moustache EDP!

IDT this morning. A couple home visits. OT workout later this evening. Should be a decent day. Still cool and grey today but current weather trends show things possibly warming up and the sun coming out into next week for some 80s range days.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back