The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Well…no one fell asleep and no one stormed out…so pretty darn good I’d say! I dude get some positive feedback, so there’s that also.

Thanks for asking!
That's great! I totally understand your parameters of success. I was in a church when a sermon was attacked by a walkout. All I could think about for days was sympathy for the Preacher. It was one of those situations where a part of the congregation gradually came to the conclusion that they needed to start their own church, which is fine, and happens all the time. But staging a dramatic and disruptive walkout has absolutely nothing to do with fellowship, and was cruel to the Preacher. So when I read your words, they really struck me. The words of a sermon could be the most important thing a person ever hears, so I'm happy to hear you're happy. The burden of your task seems staggering to me, so you have my deepest respect!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That's great! I totally understand your parameters of success. I was in a church when a sermon was attacked by a walkout. All I could think about for days was sympathy for the Preacher. It was one of those situations where a part of the congregation gradually came to the conclusion that they needed to start their own church, which is fine, and happens all the time. But staging a dramatic and disruptive walkout has absolutely nothing to do with fellowship, and was cruel to the Preacher. So when I read your words, they really struck me. The words of a sermon could be the most important thing a person ever hears, so I'm happy to hear you're happy. The burden of your task seems staggering to me, so you have my deepest respect!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Frank!

There can be many factors of course…from sometimes it’s just an off day, to just the simple difficulty of people dealing with other people and all the complications that can bring. We try, but we’re still human at the end of the day…all the more reason, to my mind, that we need a solution outside ourselves to overcome those things.

It’s nice to have encouragements after giving a message, but I’ve realized the preaching is just as much an act of faith as anything else. If circumstances or something else has converged for me to give this message at this time, I have to trust it was for a reason and that it’ll be heard by those who need it.

Shave #157 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and CDG Avignon to finish!

Not much to report about the shave today…another home run! Darker scents to match the grey, cool day.

Likely spending most of the work shift at the EOL facility. Handed in my annual self-eval yesterday. I feel I’ve only improved over last year. Hopefully my bosses feel the same, for however meager of a pay bump that might provide. We’ll see!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #158 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Some unexpected but pleasant rainfall yesterday evening and night.

Great shave this morning. Still a ways to go on the Hombres, but there’s a little bit of daylight dimly shining through one part and the beginnings of a donut hole developing. Kept with darker scents to finish. Platinum AS followed by a couple spritzes of Sauvage Elixir!

More grey day ahead with chances of the sun poking through this afternoon. This morning after my IDT meeting are graduation ceremonies for my youngest. Today and tomorrow and then he’s out of elementary and next school year on to jr high! Crazy.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Shave #159 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

In the spirit of our very own Tim @MilkCrate …TGITMF! Last day of work for this week!

Great shave this morning to start the day. Everything worked optimally! Finished up with a nice boost, smoky vibe with some extra spice - Stallion AS base with Moustache EDP and ADG Absolu Instinct layered over! Fairly synthetic but still - Yum!

In-laws and other of my wife’s family coming into town this evening, through the weekend. Should be nice!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #159 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

In the spirit of our very own Tim @MilkCrate …TGITMF! Last day of work for this week!

Great shave this morning to start the day. Everything worked optimally! Finished up with a nice boost, smoky vibe with some extra spice - Stallion AS base with Moustache EDP and ADG Absolu Instinct layered over! Fairly synthetic but still - Yum!

In-laws and other of my wife’s family coming into town this evening, through the weekend. Should be nice!

Have a great Thursday all!
Hope you guys have a great time!

Shave #160 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Hombres AST, and YSL Rive Gauche PH to finish!

Nice, lazy wake up this morning. Getting a few chores done around the house since there won’t be much time this weekend. Nice dinner out to Finney’s (brewery pub/sports bar vibe) with the extended family once they got in town.

Excellent shave this morning to wrap up the GC .68’s moment in the spotlight. Went green/fougere, breaking out the Hombres AST finally. Man, what a great scent! Paired it up with Rive Gauche…superb!

Not sure what’s on the non-schedule today. May go visit the Mission or Natural History museum. Likely some shopping downtown. Later tonight will be dinner at the Fish House for my MIL’s b-day celebration. Should be good!

Have a great Friday all!

Not sure what’s on the non-schedule today. May go visit the Mission or Natural History museum. Likely some shopping downtown. Later tonight will be dinner at the Fish House for my MIL’s b-day celebration. Should be good!
Sounds like an enjoyable day for all.

Back