The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Grumpy Dave is going to need to be taken out during the next Con to a place that has copious amounts of alcohol and reminded that spoiling the fun of the silly people can bite you in the behind.....and by that I mean we'll take him out, get him drunk, bite his behind and leave him there with the bill.......All in the name of silliness, of course.
I don’t get drunk. It is a curse, no matter how much I drink. Nice try silly boy

Well see. You want to climb up to the peak of a high mountain and pick the red berries off this bush. Then you load sacks of them onto a donkey and haul them back down the hill. Ok, now don't eat them! You're going to spread them out all over the ground and let them dry up a little. Nope, still don't eat them. Now you're going to put them into a basket and shake them like crazy until all the parts you thought you were going to eat fall off. Now spread the seeds back on the ground and let them dry out more. Nope, don't plant them. Make a fire and put them in a pot hanging over the fire and start stirring. Keep stirring until they start to change colour and sound like a bunch of exploding maggots. Yes, I know they smell burnt and nasty, just trust me. Then take them off the heat and fan them with a big palm frond to cool them and wave away the skins. They smell better now, right? No! Still don't eat them. When you're going to do is take a handful and smash them up with a rock. Now, put that into a clean loin cloth suspended over a mug. Now pour boiling water over it. No, seriously. There you go coffee!

Oh, it tastes like burnt sandal leather? Well, dump some sugar and cream in it. Maybe a little vanilla and ice and drink it with a straw. There! Now it tastes nothing like coffee! Enjoy!
Um......

Shave #154 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Myrsol Formula K AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress. OT workout this morning, first time going to an alternate location to support a coach who’s an acquaintance, running a themed event. Coffee and baked goodies afterward. Then back home to chores. The maintenance gardeners are hit and miss as to when management will send them out, so we wait as long as possible to see if they show up. Unfortunately it’s been a while, so I wrangled the children to do some raking and other yard work stuff.

Great shave this afternoon between laundry loads. Did indeed bring out the GC .68 that delivered a fairly comfortable and close shave. A bit of a warmer day today and the sun is actually fully out, so I went for a light and airy fresh citrus vibe. The nice, sweet and refreshing mentholated peppermint of Myrsol K plus the soapy citrus with minty hint from Prada LR!

More laundry to finish. Sermon is as ready as it will get for tomorrow. I think I’ll be binging Black List most of the rest of the day 😎👍

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #155 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Up n getting ready for church!

Great shave this morning. 3 easy, no nonsense passes. Wrapped things up a little more upscale today, starting with an application of Proraso Red and finishing with the opulent Jubilation!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #156 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Well the sun went and hid itself again. We’re looking more northwest coast than southwest coast this morning…it’s great and raining lightly. I ain’t complainin!

Great shave this morning. Maybe should have switched up some of the scents once I heard the pitter patter of raindrops outside the bathroom window…but oh well. Went fresh and blue today anyway. Fortunately with Sauvage EDT, it’ll pretty much shine in any weather 😂

It’s not a holiday weekend but I do have a 4 day work week ahead. I took Friday off as my in-laws and some other of my wife’s family are coming into town for the weekend for my MIL’s b-day.

Work day today? Lots of emails over the weekend. May be a doozy! We’ll see.

Have a great Monday all!

It’s not a holiday weekend but I do have a 4 day work week ahead. I took Friday off as my in-laws and some other of my wife’s family are coming into town for the weekend for my MIL’s b-day.
The "in laws", huh?

giphy.gif

Back