The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #152 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable, Gillette Twin Blade blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Pretty decent OT workout last night. I was just the right amount of exhausted after it finished. 👍

Great shave this morning. The Schick M and the Tech will probably be my feeble old man razors, when I have to give everything else up so I don’t injure myself. So easy peasy to get excellent shaves! Forgot to switch out my brush but that’s OK, this is one of my favorites. More modern barbershop goodness to finish the shave up!

IDT meeting then morning, then a number of new admissions to see. Our EOL facility freakishly brought on a handful of patients, which is great I guess but fairly unusual. Means a bootyload of work though.

Have a great Thursday all!

But.....Queen did a song called Fat Bottom Girls.......so maybe they do.
  • Queen guitarist Brian May wrote this song, which is about a young man who comes to appreciate women of substantial girth. May told Mojo magazine October 2008: "I wrote it with Fred in mind, as you do especially if you've got a great singer who likes fat bottomed girls… or boys."

• Mojo asked Brian May how gay icon Freddie Mercury could deliver such a convincing heterosexual performance on this song. He replied:

"On the face of it, it's a heterosexual song because it's called 'Fat Bottomed Girls,' but I was totally aware of Freddie's proclivities and the fact he was going to sing it. Plus, some of the inspiration for the song came from stuff that I saw in Freddie's life as well as my own. So it's actually not so much of a heterosexual song as you might think (laughs). It's a sort of pansexual song. There are so many ways you can take it."

Grumpy Dave is going to need to be taken out during the next Con to a place that has copious amounts of alcohol and reminded that spoiling the fun of the silly people can bite you in the behind.....and by that I mean we'll take him out, get him drunk, bite his behind and leave him there with the bill.......All in the name of silliness, of course.

Shave #153 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable, Gillette Twin Blade blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Thank goodness for short weeks…it’s Friday already! Woohoo!

Great shave this morning as the ‘jectah wraps up its duty tour. It was a short tour but excellent! Not sure what I’ll use next…perhaps the Game Changer .68? Pretty much the opposite finishing scents of yesterday’s shave, today was on the darker side, finding me using peppery smoky Platinum AS and the beautiful dark iris of DHO!

After finding a cup of professional coffee, this morning will be spent at the EOL facility, followed by a home visit or two.

Hope you all have a great one!

What is this....coffee....you fellas speak of?
Well see. You want to climb up to the peak of a high mountain and pick the red berries off this bush. Then you load sacks of them onto a donkey and haul them back down the hill. Ok, now don't eat them! You're going to spread them out all over the ground and let them dry up a little. Nope, still don't eat them. Now you're going to put them into a basket and shake them like crazy until all the parts you thought you were going to eat fall off. Now spread the seeds back on the ground and let them dry out more. Nope, don't plant them. Make a fire and put them in a pot hanging over the fire and start stirring. Keep stirring until they start to change colour and sound like a bunch of exploding maggots. Yes, I know they smell burnt and nasty, just trust me. Then take them off the heat and fan them with a big palm frond to cool them and wave away the skins. They smell better now, right? No! Still don't eat them. When you're going to do is take a handful and smash them up with a rock. Now, put that into a clean loin cloth suspended over a mug. Now pour boiling water over it. No, seriously. There you go coffee!

Oh, it tastes like burnt sandal leather? Well, dump some sugar and cream in it. Maybe a little vanilla and ice and drink it with a straw. There! Now it tastes nothing like coffee! Enjoy!

Back