The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #143 (743 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Heeley Cardinal ⛪️ to finish!

Not so bad of a day yesterday. Should be another decent day today.

Great shave this morning! Again the Pitralon suprised and probably could have survived for another shave or two, but I called it and helped it go out with a bang, using every last drop in one big glug of an application. Bye bye Pitralon! A few hearty sprays of Cardinal to seal the deal.

Largely spending the work day today at the EOL facility. Not sure what else!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Again the Pitralon suprised and probably could have survived for another shave or two, but I called it and helped it go out with a bang, using every last drop in one big glug of an application. Bye bye Pitralon! A few hearty sprays of Cardinal to seal the deal.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shave #144 (744 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

Hump Daaaaaaayyyyy!

Great shave this morning despite my bleary eyed state. May be time to check up on my Clown Puke tub soap next shave, I’ve been letting it sit and do its thing for a while now. Finished up with the modern and the classic - the smoky pepper of Fine Platinum AS and the classy iris of Prada L’Homme!

IDT meeting this morning, then some home visits. OT workout later, then a quick scoot to the youngest’s school open house.

Life chugs on!

Have a good day all!

Shave #145 (745 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Heeeeey, just two more work shifts left before that looooong weekend!

Great shave this morning! Just the usual switch up of brush, AS, and frag. I had already loaded, applied to face, and begun working up the lather when it popped into my brain that I had wanted to try the Clown Puke. Oh well, maybe I’ll remember tomorrow. Great results though…smelling good in a spicy woods kind of way!

A few home visits on deck today. Not sure what else. The weather is still cool and cloudy…if it could stay this way a chunk of summer, I’d love it! I know Santa Barbarians need their sunshine though…I hear complains about it every day! 😂

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #146 (746 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Slin Bracer AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Almost there y’all! It’s Friday!

Great shave this morning! Not much new to report for the actual shave…just solid. Did mix up the finisher a bit, opting to layer Fine Platinum EDT and Moustache EDP. Not bad! Both have kind of a darker, smokey vibe, so it works.

A number of things to wrap up before the long weekend. Starting the day out at the EOL facility…we’ll see where it goes from there!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #147 (747 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Barber AS, and Fine American Barber to finish!

Sun decided to peep out some today! Still nice and cool though. It’s been a great day so far.

Hope you’re all having a great one too! 😎👍

Shave #148 (748 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

First lazy, no alarm morning in a good while. No church this morning since most folks are out traveling.

Great quick shave before heading out with the family for some coffee/baked goodies and a stroll in the downtown area to peruse sales. The Clown Puke is as magnificent as ever; the latest inclusion of the Soapy Science remnants changed it of course…but I haven’t yet had an inclusion tank the soap, it’s only ever made it even better! Finished up with Skin Bracer AS and BDC EDP FTW!

Chill day today. Chores are done and nothing really planned. Should be great!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #149 (749 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Montale Fantastic Oud to finish!

🫡

Shave #150 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Back to the grind. It was an excellent weekend though, just long enough to lift the work stresses for a day or two.

Today finished up my latest round of 50 open blade shaves. Back to my other razors for a bit!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #151 (750 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable, Gillette Twin Blade blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial + Sartorial clone oil to finish!

Damn Space X rocket launches near midnight. I’m surprised they keep getting permissions for that.

Great shave this morning as I switched gears for my 50 shave open blade break. Starting things out with the most excellent Schick M adjustable and some forgotten-name Gillette (?) twin blade. Works like a charm…and I finished about 5 minutes faster in shave time! Smelling like the 90s today with a full barrage of Sartorial!

Should be a relatively simple work day (knock on wood). OT workout later tonight. Man, I love three day weekends that wrap on a Monday! It’s already Wednesday!

Have a good one all!

Elon needs more money for better weed because Joe Rogan evidently doesn't have the "dank" stuff...

giphy-downsized.gif
Maybe!

It’s just the weirdest time…let wake everyone up in a hundred plus mile radius out of their dead sleep. 😂 Must have something to do with extra cooling and atmospheric conditions? IDK.

Back