The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #137 (737 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

View attachment 111242

Whoop whooooop!

Great shave this morning… ✈️ 737 ✈️ open blade shaves! Chuggin along to my next break at 750. Darker scents today to finish up.

More nice marine layer this morning blanketing everything and keeping things cool. Will probably burn off later today. OT workout this evening…still feeling the last one though, so we’ll see how well I do.

Have a great Wednesday all!

We're having a nice cool morning a well. It was 3C/37F a little earlier today. Refreshing! 🏖️

57F currently here! Feels great!
Thank you for the weather report gents! And now let's go to Handy Jerkwell for sports...

giphy.gif

Shave #138 (738 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Today’s shave goes out to a Bruce guy I know.
giphy.gif

And it was a great one! Used a combination of some strong scents, topped off with 3 sprays of the nuclear Sauvage Elixir! Proven to be 1000xs more effective than smelling salts at rousing people in recovery.

Last night’s OT workout ended up including a mile benchmark run. Unfortunately I did not know ahead of time and was just not in the mental space for that. I missed beating my previous pace by about 8 seconds. Oh well!

IDT this morning which means a cup of office swill to start my day! Oh goody 🙄

Hope you all have a great Thursday! See you when you wake up Bruce!

Shave #138 (738 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Today’s shave goes out to a Bruce guy I know.
View attachment 111321

And it was a great one! Used a combination of some strong scents, topped off with 3 sprays of the nuclear Sauvage Elixir! Proven to be 1000xs more effective than smelling salts at rousing people in recovery.

Last night’s OT workout ended up including a mile benchmark run. Unfortunately I did not know ahead of time and was just not in the mental space for that. I missed beating my previous pace by about 8 seconds. Oh well!

IDT this morning which means a cup of office swill to start my day! Oh goody 🙄

Hope you all have a great Thursday! See you when you wake up Bruce!
Go big or go home! 😁

giphy.gif

Shave #139 (739 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Oh day of glorious work week days…it’s Friday!

Great shave this morning! The marine layer has been hanging around pretty much all week and that trend continues today, so besides the bright and cheery Hombres soap, I again stuck with a bit darker/warmer scents. Finished up with Fine Platinum AS and Avignon ⛪️!

The older two offspring’s volleyball awards banquet went well. I only had to suffer through socializing for a couple of hours and there was food, so it all balanced out. They didn’t get any of the super duper special awards but they got some good recognition for their hard work and team play. They had a good season! Pressure is on for next year for the oldest to make varsity, as the missus (who was Jr Varsity team mom this year) was passed special team spirit hand me downs from outgoing Varsity team moms for next year. He’s going to have to work really hard over the summer to have a chance.

Starting out today at the EOL facility, then likely a home visit or two before the day is out.

Happy Friday all!

Shave #140 (740 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Myrsol Agua Di Limon AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! Tough OT workout this morning…it’s “All Out May-hem” for the next week, so the classes are a bit more challenging. I didn’t sign up because “completing” requires making 4 out of the 7 days within the week. I’d rather wait for Hell Week in October. Still, if you do take a class or two during the period, it’s the same workout…so I ran out of energy about 1/3 of the way through class. Somehow I dragged my 🫏 on through the other 2/3 though. The reward was coffee and baked goods with the missus.

Great shave this morning amidst laundry loads. Went for bright and light today, finishing up with Agua Di Limon AS and a heavy fogging of the classic ADP Colonia. So good!

More laundry to finish. Some chill time. Some time spent reflecting and beginning on my sermon for next weekend.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #141 (741 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

Up for church!

Great shave this morning! Cooler day today with continued marine layer and cloud cover with chances of rain and thunder later…so I went for some slightly darker/warmer scents. Fine Platinum AS and TF Oud Minerale to finish it off!

Church, then grocery shopping, then hopefully that’s about it. Leaving time for some chill and more sermon work. Looking forward to my 3 day weekend next week.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #142 (742 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Way too short of a weekend…Le sigh.

Great shave at least! The Pitralon persists…seeemingly as tenacious as the soaps I can’t seem to go through fast enough. Maybe one more use left? Finished up with DHS ‘19 today.

Should be a fairly chill day for a Monday. May need to start off with some professional coffee though!

Have a good one y’all!

Shave #142 (742 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Way too short of a weekend…Le sigh.

Great shave at least! The Pitralon persists…seeemingly as tenacious as the soaps I can’t seem to go through fast enough. Maybe one more use left? Finished up with DHS ‘19 today.

Should be a fairly chill day for a Monday. May need to start off with some professional coffee though!

Have a good one y’all!
Chill is good! 😎

giphy-downsized.gif

Back