The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

There’s something about the complex watch mechanism made purely out of gears and spring though that is quite attractive…even if it’s hidden away inside a steel case, it’s a marvel!
Watches are amazing instruments. The mechanics impress me no end. I have a Casio G-Shock solar powered watch that I use now. It's kind of superfluous now, with the cell phone in my pocket. It does cover up a bad tattoo I got when I was 19, fresh out of boot camp/school and new to the ship.

Shave #133 (733 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Fairly normal Saturday in progress, with a much later shave than anticipated. But cleaned up and smelling great now!

Hope you’re all having a great one!

Watches are amazing instruments. The mechanics impress me no end. I have a Casio G-Shock solar powered watch that I use now. It's kind of superfluous now, with the cell phone in my pocket. It does cover up a bad tattoo I got when I was 19, fresh out of boot camp/school and new to the ship.
Watches are amazing indeed! The Internet Time Protocol, which sets millions of clocks now, is a beautiful system where the nodes on the network each figure out exactly how long it takes, ultimately, to get a time signal from Fort Collins, CO to your vest pocket using a half century old network protocol and factors it into the time signal so accurately that it's usually within .1 sec of the reference clock. In both the mechanical beauty of the watch and at the scale of the network, timekeeping is a wonderful cyclical mechanism to ponder! A sort of manifestation of our progress as a species, strapped on our wrist!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Watches are amazing indeed! The Internet Time Protocol, which sets millions of clocks now, is a beautiful system where the nodes on the network each figure out exactly how long it takes, ultimately, to get a time signal from Fort Collins, CO to your vest pocket using a half century old network protocol and factors it into the time signal so accurately that it's usually within .1 sec of the reference clock. In both the mechanical beauty of the watch and at the scale of the network, timekeeping is a wonderful cyclical mechanism to ponder! A sort of manifestation of our progress as a species, strapped on our wrist!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes! It’s a pretty amazing system!

Shave #134 (734 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Happy Mother’s Day for any moms that happen to be reading this?

Great shave this morning! Almost exactly the same as yesterday except I swapped out the cologne. The wife’s only caveat was “I don’t care, as long as it doesn’t smell like vanilla and baby power…which is like 90% of what you wear”…totally not true, but the poor lady was not blessed with a nose for scents…so Ideal Cologne it is!

Church this morning, maybe some time at the beach…then later it’s an early dinner out as we try to get to the popular on-the-beach spot The Boathouse before the crowds. They don’t take reservations unfortunately.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #135 (735 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Not the best night’s rest for having to wake up to a Monday. Body is still a bit sore from Saturday’s workout and weird dreams last night…and no, I didn’t splash on Florida Water before bed 😂

Great shave this morning at least. Just made a couple swaps in the setup. Another use or two and I’ll be bidding goodbye to Pitralon. Good scent while it lasted, but probably will not be replacing. Finished up with the DHS!

Not sure what kind of work day it’s going to be. Hopefully a decent one!

Have a great Monday all!

Another use or two and I’ll be bidding goodbye to Pitralon.
Alas, all things must end eventually...

giphy.gif

Shave #136 (736 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ended up being a pretty work day yesterday, for a Monday! I ain’t complaining neither!

Great shave this morning! 3 solid passes and finished up with fresh light woodsy scents - Pitralon Classic AS + the easy office safe reach DH ‘20!

IDY this morning and a day spent mostly at the EOL facility. Possible (30% chance) thunderstorms today might mix things up a bit!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #137 (737 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

IMG_9854.gif

Whoop whooooop!

Great shave this morning… ✈️ 737 ✈️ open blade shaves! Chuggin along to my next break at 750. Darker scents today to finish up.

More nice marine layer this morning blanketing everything and keeping things cool. Will probably burn off later today. OT workout this evening…still feeling the last one though, so we’ll see how well I do.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back