The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Tired this morning and unfortunately don’t have time for professional joe before I have to be in for my IDT meeting. So office coli-cleanse swill it is!
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

giphy.gif

Better than nothin! Usually…
Good luck! I always think of that too late and there are no openings anywhere.
It’s hit and miss it seems like down here on whether places will take reservations or allow being put on a waitlist the day of. So we usually just bite the bullet and show up a bit earlier than a normal dinner time.

Shave #131 (731 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Good workout last night…but it sure didn’t help my tiredness!

Good shave this morning. A couple more blips in the process than I’d have liked. I think it’s time to change the blade. ATG was pretty rough on my more stubborn stubble areas. The blade had an impressive run though! Probably could go longer if I weren’t so BBS focused. Finished with a full aquatic/blue scent combo - Barbasol PR AS + Sauvage EDT! Boom!

Well my friends, I’m a blessed man. Randomly out of the blue I got agreement to proceed with my Tudor watch purchase. It’s unfortunate and a bit strange that the closest official dealer is an hour away. But could be worse I guess. Definitely wouldn’t want to blind buy this kind of thing. Now to decide if I actually want to jump off that cliff!

So glad we’re on the back half of the work week! Happy Thursday all!

Well my friends, I’m a blessed man. Randomly out of the blue I got agreement to proceed with my Tudor watch purchase. It’s unfortunate and a bit strange that the closest official dealer is an hour away. But could be worse I guess. Definitely wouldn’t want to blind buy this kind of thing. Now to decide if I actually want to jump off that cliff!
giphy.gif

What are you looking to get. I have a Pelagos 39 on the radar but it'll be a bit before that one comes in. ;)

You know there are a ton of them in "like new" condition to save a few $$$.

My relationship to timekeeping started as a child, watching my dad set his watch using his ham radio receiver to monitor WWV. Ive always had a thing for my watch being as accurate as I can make it. For many years, setting my watch to the shortwave was a weekly ritual. Then I saw a Casio G-Shock that is solar powered and sets itself every night from the same WWV clock, meaning that every morning when I wake up, the inaccuracy of my watch is smaller than I can perceive.

It sucked the fun out of everything. I'm comfortable about knowing the time, of course, but setting my watch was a little game I played for years.

I don't really know fashion well, which has ended up meaning more resources for shaving, I guess. I like seeing really nice watches though, so I'm excited to see what you end up doing!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My relationship to timekeeping started as a child, watching my dad set his watch using his ham radio receiver to monitor WWV. Ive always had a thing for my watch being as accurate as I can make it. For many years, setting my watch to the shortwave was a weekly ritual. Then I saw a Casio G-Shock that is solar powered and sets itself every night from the same WWV clock, meaning that every morning when I wake up, the inaccuracy of my watch is smaller than I can perceive.

It sucked the fun out of everything. I'm comfortable about knowing the time, of course, but setting my watch was a little game I played for years.

I don't really know fashion well, which has ended up meaning more resources for shaving, I guess. I like seeing really nice watches though, so I'm excited to see what you end up doing!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks Frank!

I do have a watch that synchs via radio waves which is a fun idea…and it also runs off solar! There’s something about the complex watch mechanism made purely out of gears and spring though that is quite attractive…even if it’s hidden away inside a steel case, it’s a marvel!

Shave #132 (732 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, a lot of busy work for the most part.

Great shave this morning with a new ProGuard to pave the way. Started off bright and fresh with Hombres lather then progressed to darker and boozy vanilla with Fine Platinum AS and Moustache EDP to finish. Yum!

So great that it’s Friday! I’m ready for a couple days.

Have a good one y’all!

Shave #132 (732 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, a lot of busy work for the most part.

Great shave this morning with a new ProGuard to pave the way. Started off bright and fresh with Hombres lather then progressed to darker and boozy vanilla with Fine Platinum AS and Moustache EDP to finish. Yum!

So great that it’s Friday! I’m ready for a couple days.

Have a good one y’all!
Ah, so you're going for that fancy-schmancy "Urban Cowboy" vibe, huh? 😁

giphy.gif

Back