The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #125 (725 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, mostly a lot of busy work. Did get to watch the graduation, which was great!

Great shave this morning! Pretty much even more of a repeat of the previous. Only changed the brush and frag. Brought the yourhful and the old school together today with the combo of Platinum AS + RL Chaps!

So glad it’s Friday! Pretty much have the sermon finished I think. Should be a decent day at work. Once the end of shift whistle blows, it’ll be time to chill. Probably will pick up dinner from a restaurant tonight instead of cooking…so bonus!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #125 (725 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, mostly a lot of busy work. Did get to watch the graduation, which was great!

Great shave this morning! Pretty much even more of a repeat of the previous. Only changed the brush and frag. Brought the yourhful and the old school together today with the combo of Platinum AS + RL Chaps!

So glad it’s Friday! Pretty much have the sermon finished I think. Should be a decent day at work. Once the end of shift whistle blows, it’ll be time to chill. Probably will pick up dinner from a restaurant tonight instead of cooking…so bonus!

Happy Friday all!
Blah blah blah…. Important, did you get sushi?

Shave #126 (726 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress for the most part. Woke up a little late for some extra sleep, since the missus flew in this afternoon, and also took a later workout class. Pro coffee pick up after on the way to pick up the missus. Then back to get settled and get some chores moving.

Great shave this afternoon between laundry loads. Still chugging along with the first Pro Guard. I feel like it’s teetering in the edge of performance, but it keeps pulling out great results all said and done so far. If every blade provides this longevity, there will be no need to go back to regular Pros, this will be cash well spent, despite there being 5 less blades per pack. Finished with Ideal Cologne. This is just a good, solid men’s frag. I forget how much I like it until I use it again. Could be a daily wear for sure. May need to find a bottle deal or swap.

Laundry continues. Heading out for a bit soon to show support to one of our college church members who’s having a grad party. Maybe dinner out later.

Our poor pastor’s saga of sadness continues, as her father passed early this morning. Thankfully she could be there. This compounded by the fact she lost her mother just over a year ago. So terrible.

Anywho…hope everyone is having a grand Saturday otherwise!

Shave #127 (727 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Montale Fantastic Oud to finish!

Ah, time marches on and waits for no man. Received more tragic news this morning, though not unexpected; one of my patients, barely a year older than myself, passed away this morning leaving his young family behind for the time being. Thankfully they have a huge net of support.

Great shave this morning. Not a whole lot to knock off as far as stubble, given yesterday’s later shave. Finished up with some scent powerhouses - Fine Platinum AS + Montale Fantastic Oud!

Off to church soon. It was finals and graduation for them too this last week…so our student members are already off to be with family through the summer…or on to the next stage of their lives, some of them! It’ll be the faithful few this morning 😂

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday! Every day is a new chance to find goodness!

Shave #128 (728 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Ugh…Monday already. Good weekend altogether at least!

Good shave this morning. Not much to report there. Finished with Pitralon Classic AS and brought out some Profumo for some generous spritzes.

Another turn in weather this week as we get back to spring weather. Looking at 70s most of the week, maybe even more.

Let’s see what the new week holds, shall we?

Have a great Monday all!

Ugh…Monday already.
Monday-est Monday ever!

giphy.gif

Shave #129 (729 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Not a bad Monday yesterday after all! And guess what…heeeey…it’s Tuesday now! Take that Monday!

Great shave this morning! Same as yesterday, except for the brush and frag. Finished with the orangey, grapefruity, gingery DHS ‘19!

Spending most of the work day at the EOL facility today. Feels like I’ve been there a lot lately, more than usual anyway! It is what it is.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #130 (730 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Heeeeey, it’s Wednesday! 🥹👍

Great shave this morning! Swapped up brush and finishing scents for a nice ambery spice top off.

Tired this morning and unfortunately don’t have time for professional joe before I have to be in for my IDT meeting. So office coli-cleanse swill it is!

A couple visits today after the meeting, usual Wednesday evening OT workout, and likely followed by take out of some sort. The missus’ Mother’s Day goodies arrived, so all is falling into place for Sunday…just need to figure out what restaurant to go to now.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Back