The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #120 (720 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Amouage Jubliation XXV to finish!

Pretty good day yesterday! The kids’ varsity team had covert close games but ultimately pulled another sweep. The Mario movie was decent, a good fun family film. Had some great food and follow up ice cream. The birthday boy said it was a great day, so a great day it was!

Great shave this morning! Not much new to report. Just 3 solid passes with no fuss. Finished up with Proraso Red AS and some generous spritzes of Jubilation! Lux!

Church this morning, grocery shopping later, the missus will probably want to catch some Sunday sports. Should be a good day!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #121 (721 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Welp…Monday, my old nemesis, we meet again!

Great shave this morning to help me knock away some of the grogginess and brain fog. Finished up with a regular combo - Pitralon Classic AS plus DHS ‘19. DHS should see a ton of play at we get to warmer days.

Speaking of warmer days…our cold front continues this week with foggy/cloudy mornings and overall cool temps; today for instance shouldn’t get over 65ish. Maybe some rain mid week, we’ll see!

Heading into the EOL facility this morning to start things off with some catch up. Unexpectedly have to cover the sermon again this week. Our pastor’s father has been pretty seriously ill for the last month and has a last ditch effort surgery today that will hopefully help improve things, so she’s out of state, being there. 🙏

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Shave #121 (721 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Welp…Monday, my old nemesis, we meet again!

Great shave this morning to help me knock away some of the grogginess and brain fog. Finished up with a regular combo - Pitralon Classic AS plus DHS ‘19. DHS should see a ton of play at we get to warmer days.

Speaking of warmer days…our cold front continues this week with foggy/cloudy mornings and overall cool temps; today for instance shouldn’t get over 65ish. Maybe some rain mid week, we’ll see!

Heading into the EOL facility this morning to start things off with some catch up. Unexpectedly have to cover the sermon again this week. Our pastor’s father has been pretty seriously ill for the last month and has a last ditch effort surgery today that will hopefully help improve things, so she’s out of state, being there. 🙏

Hope you all have a great Monday!
The view from inside Chris's head every Monday.. 😁

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #122 (722 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Definitely not the day I expected to have yesterday…was pretty dang busy! But I think it turned out OK!

Great shave this morning. More of the usual, and that’s a good thing. Finished off churchy today with Avignon and a little extra pizzazz from The Stallion.

More craziness today as I start off with IDT and a good chunk of the day at our EOL facility. Still making good sermon progress; I’m about half way through it already, which is great for it only being Tuesday.

Hope you all have a good one!

Shave #122 (722 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Definitely not the day I expected to have yesterday…was pretty dang busy! But I think it turned out OK!

Great shave this morning. More of the usual, and that’s a good thing. Finished off churchy today with Avignon and a little extra pizzazz from The Stallion.

More craziness today as I start off with IDT and a good chunk of the day at our EOL facility. Still making good sermon progress; I’m about half way through it already, which is great for it only being Tuesday.

Hope you all have a good one!
Chris to literally everyone around him yesterday... 😁

giphy.gif

Shave #123 (723 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Whoaaaaaaa…we’re half way there! It’s Wednesday y’all!

Great shave this morning! The Pro Guard is still having troubles with a smooth ATG under the chin and in the mustache area but is otherwise performing solidly. Finished up with some darker scents today - Fine Platinum AS + DHO!

Missus heads out later this morning through Saturday to Portland for her graduation and saying goodbye to her classmates. Someone in their managerial wisdom at the school with many out of state and working students, scheduled graduation on a Thursday, during midday, so unfortunately we can’t be there. Thankfully some other family will be able to be present and cheer!

Have a great day all!

Someone in their managerial wisdom at the school with many out of state and working students, scheduled graduation on a Thursday, during midday, so unfortunately we can’t be there.
That sucks. You'll just have to stop at some point in the middle of the day tomorrow and just cheer loudly in support.

Shave #123 (723 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Whoaaaaaaa…we’re half way there! It’s Wednesday y’all!

Great shave this morning! The Pro Guard is still having troubles with a smooth ATG under the chin and in the mustache area but is otherwise performing solidly. Finished up with some darker scents today - Fine Platinum AS + DHO!

Missus heads out later this morning through Saturday to Portland for her graduation and saying goodbye to her classmates. Someone in their managerial wisdom at the school with many out of state and working students, scheduled graduation on a Thursday, during midday, so unfortunately we can’t be there. Thankfully some other family will be able to be present and cheer!

Have a great day all!
Congrats to the missus! Kudos to her! But graduation on a Thursday?!?!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Back