The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

I like this passport cover....

il_794xN.4569767181_ar35.jpg

I always have liked the look of passport covers, but then found myself just taking it out of the case to show TSA and then I keep it stashed away in my room for the rest of the trip.

I always have liked the look of passport covers, but then found myself just taking it out of the case to show TSA and then I keep it stashed away in my room for the rest of the trip.
Welp, at least it’ll be multifunctional then I guess. May take it instead of a wallet? Stash in chest bag? Not sure yet.

Shave #116 (716 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Scootin right along…it’s Wednesday!
200.gif

Great shave this morning! The ProGuard is at about…15 shaves now? Roughly. Still doing pretty well I think; feels like it’s still got some life left. Finished up with darker scents today - Fine Platinum AS + the boozy vanilla of Moustache EDP!

Hasn’t quite been the ray of sunshine the week was supposed to be. The weekend was near beginning of summer type weather, but for the most part this week so far it’s be grey coastal mornings, cool, maybe with some sunshine in the afternoon. I’m not complaining but plenty of others are. Santa Barbarians are a fickle weather lot 😂

IDT this morning then some home visits. OT workout later. A bit ahead of the game on the sermon. 👍

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #117 (717 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Man, tough OT workout last night didn’t help that I was low on energy by the afternoon. Hit about 3/4 of the way through the workout and I was outta gas. Still kept moving and at least finished, if even at a slow pace.

Great shave this morning! The WTG was a little rough feeling surprisingly but the follow up passes were just right. The last hurrah of my Intensa decant sadly. Not sure when/if I’ll be able to replace it. It’s was excellent while it lasted.

Probably going to pop into the EOL facility for a while today, to catch up on a couple things, even though I’m going to be there tomorrow too. The older boys’ school is hosting a game of the last varsity indoor tournament tonight so we’ll be going to that later.

Hope you al have a great Thursday!

Shave #117 (717 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Man, tough OT workout last night didn’t help that I was low on energy by the afternoon. Hit about 3/4 of the way through the workout and I was outta gas. Still kept moving and at least finished, if even at a slow pace.

Great shave this morning! The WTG was a little rough feeling surprisingly but the follow up passes were just right. The last hurrah of my Intensa decant sadly. Not sure when/if I’ll be able to replace it. It’s was excellent while it lasted.

Probably going to pop into the EOL facility for a while today, to catch up on a couple things, even though I’m going to be there tomorrow too. The older boys’ school is hosting a game of the last varsity indoor tournament tonight so we’ll be going to that later.

Hope you al have a great Thursday!
Security cams captured Chris after last night's workout..

giphy.gif

Have you run across those ads for what seem like newly packaged smelling salts? Seems like that guy either is bringing them back or made them more portable or something. Brain shot to give you energy.

Have you run across those ads for what seem like newly packaged smelling salts? Seems like that guy either is bringing them back or made them more portable or something. Brain shot to give you energy.
Hockey players use those. Right before each period starts, they're sniffing smelling salts. It must work.

Security cams captured Chris after last night's workout..

giphy.gif
Quite accurate!
Haven’t seen those…not sure what you’re looking up online 🤔. The only thing is sniff, besides my frags, are my allergy meds. 😂
Hockey players use those. Right before each period starts, they're sniffing smelling salts. It must work.
I’d prefer to avoid something that results in a cut eyebrow and list tooth 🤔

Don’t try to draw my into your dark web of regressive google ads Dave!

Shave #118 (718 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Hooooo man! Tired this morning! Great varsity game last night; the dudes swept with 3 wins in a row. The opposition never got over 15 points in a set.

Great shave this morning despite needing to mow over a little whitehead. ATG was a little iffy on the moustache area too…but everything else was great. Finished up woodsy fresh with Pitralon AS + DH ‘20!

Most of the day will be spent at the EOL facility today, with one run out for a home visit late morning. Sermon is just about buttoned up I think. So I’ll be able to have some chill time this weekend.

Have a great Friday all! Push through to that weekend!

Shave #119 (719 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

What a difference an extra hour of sleep has! Felt pretty decent waking by up this morning after having dragged the last half of the work week. Great workout this morning…last all out effort on the tread I hit the top preset speed, twice! Doesn’t happen often but I was feeling in the groove I guess. Breakfast out with the missus then back home for chores.

Great shave this afternoon. Bunch of winners thrown in together, for an excellent result. Finished up with Fine Savon Lavande AS and Sauvage Elixir FTW!

Today is Middle Son’s b-day. The big one five. So after they get back from watching another varsity league match later, we’ll be heading out to go watch the new Mario Bros movie and then out to his two fav spots for dinner and dessert.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Back