The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Good luck to her! I was once a first time buyer paired with a first time agent. It went well, I bought the house.
Encouraging!

Fortunately she’s been in the industry over a decade…just not on the money making side of it…she was on the side of it doing the work but without the greater share of pay. 😂

Shave #113 (713 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial + Sartorial clone oil to finish!

Up n at em for church. Probably could have used another hour of sleep but it is what it is!

Great shave this morning. The Pro Guard continues to chug along and do an admirable job. Went for uber talc fresh this time around on scents, ending with a trio of Barba and Sartorial clone oil and EDT.

Grocery shopping at some point today. Not sure what else!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #114 (714 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Weekend felt short, some lingering tiredness, but I’m above ground and moving around!

Great shave this morning. Not much to report that’s new. Hard to believe I haven’t swapped out soaps for at least a couple weeks! Finished up with Pitralon + DHS!

Another sermon to prep for this coming weekend. Not sure what the work week will be like, it’s been pretty unpredictable lately; looks like it had been a busy weekend though, so there’s some catch up to do!

Have a great Monday all!

Weekend felt short, some lingering tiredness, but I’m above ground and moving around!
giphy.gif

Shave #115 (715 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, just lots of busywork among a couple visits. Did get rolling o no the sermon for Sunday too.

Great shave this morning! It’s passport day! So I needed to look…exactly the same as usual, international man of mystery of course. Pretty much the same setup as yesterday, just swapped brush and frag. Went churchy today…too bad the church guys are usually on the bad guy side of things in the movies.

Passport appointment is mid morning, so I’ll probably just work remotely until then. Day at the EOL facility for the most part otherwise. Then sermon work continues!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #115 (715 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, just lots of busywork among a couple visits. Did get rolling o no the sermon for Sunday too.

Great shave this morning! It’s passport day! So I needed to look…exactly the same as usual, international man of mystery of course. Pretty much the same setup as yesterday, just swapped brush and frag. Went churchy today…too bad the church guys are usually on the bad guy side of things in the movies.

Passport appointment is mid morning, so I’ll probably just work remotely until then. Day at the EOL facility for the most part otherwise. Then sermon work continues!

Have a great Tuesday all!
Just curious, is the passport for general travel or church mission?

General travel. The missus and I are hoping to go to the UK for a special vacation to celebrate our 20th anniversary.
That is a very good reason. I'm still planning our 30th anniversary trip to London (which should have happened this past january....stupid house selling/buying and moving). Travel makes you a resident of the world....not just one country.....never stop exploring.

Sweeeeet! I'd like to go there myself someday.
That is a very good reason. I'm still planning our 30th anniversary trip to London (which should have happened this past january....stupid house selling/buying and moving). Travel makes you a resident of the world....not just one country.....never stop exploring.
Yea, we’re remaining very hopeful! This will be our first real out of country trip.
I hope you are planning on doing her the favor of taking her to Taylor of Old Bond Street. :)
Jermyn street is one of my requested stops 😎👍

Passport appointment went off without a hitch! Ugh fees…but at least the book is good for 10 years. Clerk took a pretty decent mugshot too, for federal work 😂

Processing time is about 13 weeks right now though. I guess it’ll give me time to wait for the next leather good sale at Popov, so I can pick up a quality cover.

Back