The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #97 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Ahhh Friday! Busy ol day yesterday afterall. Ya think you get a nice chill work day then WHAMMO, it works out that the extra little bit of breathing room you had seemed to or orchestrate itself into just the amount of time needed to do something else that came up!

Great shave today. Can’t believe I’m already almost 50 shaves out from my last open blade use…seems like these breaks go a bit more quickly than the stretches where I’m progressing on my open blade count. Finished up churchy today with Cardinal! ⛪

Youngest gets home this afternoon from science camp. It’s funny how the dynamic of a home can swing wildly depending on who’s around…I can say it’s certainly been more quiet at the least these last few days 😂

Hope you all have a great Friday! Almost to that weekend!

For a minute there I thought you were saying that you had met with the Cardinal. As in the guy with the pointy red hat. The catholic in me was impressed.......then I rechecked your cologne choice. Almost got me.

Youngest gets home this afternoon from science camp. It’s funny how the dynamic of a home can swing wildly depending on who’s around…I can say it’s certainly been more quiet at the least these last few days 😂
That's like my home. Our sons keep moving out and back again, so much so that my wife suggested we put in a revolving door.

For a minute there I thought you were saying that you had met with the Cardinal. As in the guy with the pointy red hat. The catholic in me was impressed.......then I rechecked your cologne choice. Almost got me.
Eau De Sweaty Holy Man? 😂

Only on OT work out days!
That's like my home. Our sons keep moving out and back again, so much so that my wife suggested we put in a revolving door.
There And Back Again…A Graybeard57 Tale
4AB4A119-88F3-459D-AD92-3010C650B299.gif

Shave #98 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and vintage YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Up n at em…pretty typical Saturday in progress. No weekend volleyball tourneys thankfully.

Great shave after a professional hair cut n shower. Stole Mark’s idea and kicked it up a notch with the OG barbershop fougere - Rive Gauche!

Stinking it up the holy weekend…no fire n brimstone here though…stinking it up in a good way!

a professional hair cut n shower.
A professional shower?

giphy.gif

Shave #99 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Trac II blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Captain’s Choice Venture AS, and Heeley Eau Sacree to finish!

Happy Easter on one of the most important days of remembrance, for those who celebrate! For everyone else…happy free candy and hard boiled egg day! 😂

Great shave this morning. One more to go until the open blade break is over! Usual suspects followed by CC Venture AS which is a much more fruity take on an Aventus clone vs Fine Platinum and not quite as in your face. Finished with the last of my Eau Sacree sample for that rose tinted incense/patchouli! ⛪🥀

Church this morning followed by a potluck brunch with the same crowd. Then should be a fairly chill afternoon! Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Back