The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

A little chilly here this morning at -3C/26F (was 13C/55F yesterday) but I'm only outside in the t-shirt to toss the coffee grounds over the yard.

Shave #93 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ugh…Monday already! *shakes fist*

Great shave this morning at least, in my bleary eyed state. Usual suspects except for the new soap. Should be interesting to see if this one takes as long as the Soap Science. Finished up with DHS ‘19 for some upper class sporty goodness!

Back to the grind today as the kids head back to school and after school volleyball stuffs. The youngest has a regular day today and then he’ll be off the rest of the week at science camp with his class. So thankful the weather should be temperate.

Hope Monday goes well for all of you!

Ugh…Monday already! *shakes fist*

Great shave this morning at least, in my bleary eyed state.
I feel ya, brother!

giphy.gif

Shave #94 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Another day, another…

Great shave this morning! Pretty much the same setup as yesterday, just swapped out the brush and chose a different Dior Homme iteration to close it out. Excellence!

IDT this morning and a day largely spent at the EOL facility. We had a fair number of admits over the weekend, so I’m trying to get those initial visits in before the deadline. Got half done yesterday, should get the rest today. May even get to do a baptism today, which is something new! We’ll see!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #95 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

Just about half way through the week!

Another good shave for the Tech! Enjoying Hombres for sure. It’s got such a weird smell when you first lay nose on it, but it grows on ya! And the great skin scent it leaves behind…for hours…very nice! Finished up with stronger scents today.

The youngest made it safely to his science camp. I’m sure he’s already having a blast. Last night’s home volleyball games were and easy sweep. OT workout later while the boys work today’s varsity only game and then have a celebratory team dinner as we near the end of the season.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #95 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

Just about half way through the week!

Another good shave for the Tech! Enjoying Hombres for sure. It’s got such a weird smell when you first lay nose on it, but it grows on ya! And the great skin scent it leaves behind…for hours…very nice! Finished up with stronger scents today.

The youngest made it safely to his science camp. I’m sure he’s already having a blast. Last night’s home volleyball games were and easy sweep. OT workout later while the boys work today’s varsity only game and then have a celebratory team dinner as we near the end of the season.

Have a great Wednesday all!
Great shave! Hope your son has a great time at science camp..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I routinely check the CBL site to see if there's anymore Hombres for sale.....alas.....nope. Maybe @CBLindsay or @BarberDave can shed some light on when the good stuff will be available again to those of us that are running low?

Great shave! Hope your son has a great time at science camp..

giphy.gif
😂 thanks!
Next TSC meet-up at science camp!
Only if there’s trust falls.
I routinely check the CBL site to see if there's anymore Hombres for sale.....alas.....nope. Maybe @CBLindsay or @BarberDave can shed some light on when the good stuff will be available again to those of us that are running low?
I think it’s a Hombres shop exclusive these days!

Shave #96 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Sartorial clone oil + Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Past that Hump Day, past that OT workout, past that busy day! Varsity volleyball team had a nail biting home game last night with some really close scores but they managed to pull 3 wins in a row anyway. JV and frosh teams had their near end of season dinner together to celebrate the season. Me n the missus tried out The Chicken Ranch for our dinner…great, simple BBQ/Mex food!

Great shave this morning. Felt the urge so I went ahead and swapped out the Tech for the Schick M after all. Not disappointed! Setting 5 and it’s got some twin blade in there; possibly Gillette Trac II or some other? Can’t remember. Finished up with Sartorial FTW!

Another busy day ahead possibly, at least for work. IDT this morning and some visits.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Back