The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #103 (703 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

Tired this morning. Definitely stopping for a professional cup o Joe on the way in.

Bit of a rough shave was had. Besides my bleary eyed state, it seemed that the Feather was not so well performing, providing a bit of roughness and nicks. Unfortunately I can’t remember how many shaves were on this blade prior to my break. May be binning this one. Scents were a winner though! The soapy iris goodness of L’Homme to put a little extra pep in my step!

Should be a fairly chill work day. Only some home visits to get through, then we’ll see what else pops up. Boys have a home game tonight, so we’ll be all hands in the stands this evening!

Hope you all have a good Thursday!

Shave #103 (703 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

Tired this morning. Definitely stopping for a professional cup o Joe on the way in.

Bit of a rough shave was had. Besides my bleary eyed state, it seemed that the Feather was not so well performing, providing a bit of roughness and nicks. Unfortunately I can’t remember how many shaves were on this blade prior to my break. May be binning this one. Scents were a winner though! The soapy iris goodness of L’Homme to put a little extra pep in my step!

Should be a fairly chill work day. Only some home visits to get through, then we’ll see what else pops up. Boys have a home game tonight, so we’ll be all hands in the stands this evening!

Hope you all have a good Thursday!
Must have coffee! And lots of it!

giphy.gif

Shave #104 (704 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Sweeping wins yesterday for all 3 volleyball levels, each winning all necessary matches in a row, with scores that unfortunately for the opposition seemed more like warmups for our kids than competition. 🥲

Way better shave this morning. Yesterday’s blooper filled shave may well have been more bleary eyed user error than anything else. Finished up the work week the same way it started - Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19!

Some catch up to do at our EOL facility this morning, then at least one home visit this afternoon. Made good progress on the sermon, just gotta tie it up all together, nice and neat; hopefully I can do that today so I don’t have to fret through tomorrow.

Happy Friday all! Just about there to that weekend!

Shave #105 (705 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Comme des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Bright, sunny day here in SB. A cool 65 degrees but feels about 5 degrees more in that sun. Typical Saturday in progress.

Decent shave between laundry loads this afternoon. A few nicks this one…may swap that blade out afterall. Finished strong with Barba AST and Avignon!

OT workout was tuff, but it’s done and out of the way! Good little breakfast out afterwards with the missus. Sermon is tidied up for tomorrow. Just more laundry to do.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #106 (706 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Montale Fantastic Oud to finish!

Up n at em for church!

Great shave this morning! First use of a Feather ProGuard ever. Gonna take some getting used to the feeling of the guard instead of a sharp edge, but I must say it did promote a feeling of safety. The guard does remove some of the scariness of a fresh hyper-sharp Feather AC. The shave did feel fairly smooth. It it can maintain this state for a good 15 shaves or so, I’ll be impressed…maybe even a believer! Finished up strong with Fine Platinum AS and a couple careful spritzes of the oud rose powerhouse Fantastic Oud from Montale.

Sermon this morning. Probably some grocery shopping later. Not sure what else.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #107 (707 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Batting 1000 so far on this Monday…woke up and….

Had a great shave this morning! Usual suspects. Another good 3 passes with the ProGuard. Finished up with Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19 for a fresh, slightly woodsy citrus vibe!

Drop the kids off at school soon then it’s off to work. We’ll see how the rest of the day shakes out!

Hope you all have a great day!

Shave #107 (707 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Batting 1000 so far on this Monday…woke up and….

Had a great shave this morning! Usual suspects. Another good 3 passes with the ProGuard. Finished up with Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19 for a fresh, slightly woodsy citrus vibe!

Drop the kids off at school soon then it’s off to work. We’ll see how the rest of the day shakes out!

Hope you all have a great day!
Attack the day, Chris!!! :cool:

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #108 (708 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Great shave this morning! The ProGuard may not get quite as close as a regular Pro and the guard may get in the way a bit on some strokes, but so far I’m continuing to come away with pretty good results! Finished with linen fresh incense ⛪️ today!

A couple meetings going on today scattered amidst visits. Going to be a busy one!

Y’all have a great Tuesday!

Even when the day looks super busy and the shave wasn't 100%.....you always have that winning attitude.

Important goal for all of the Cadre....Be Like Chris!

Have a great day, Chris! :)
Even when the day looks super busy and the shave wasn't 100%.....you always have that winning attitude.

Important goal for all of the Cadre....Be Like Chris!
Thanks gents!

It has indeed been a crazy day so far! And still an hour to go. There will be a gigantic sigh of relief given once I’m in the car and on my way home 😵

Shave #109 (709 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Here you go @NurseDave ! It’s Hump Day!
56B320E9-B996-451C-8865-B18285C4CC9D.gif

Phew…busy day yesterday. Thankfully still managed to end the work day on time and got to go cheer the kids on at their away (but still in town) volleyball matches. Frosh and JV pulled the dubs. Left before varsity this time but sounded like there were some tough matches making them go to a full 5 sets, haven’t heard final results.

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report. Smellin great, that’s for sure!

Should be a less strenuous day today at work…but one can never really say for sure. OT workout later this evening.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Back