The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Think I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock 4 or 5 times this morning. Did NOT want to get up...

giphy.gif
Well, I’m sure your department is grateful so that they could hit their snooze buttons an extra couple times. 😂👍

Shave #87 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Ended up being not too bad yesterday, for a Monday!

Great shave this morning. Getting more difficult to load the soap, as the donut ring becomes more ring. Good, classy scents used. Finished up with the delightful ADP Colonia Intensa!

Spending today’s work shift largely at our EOL facility. Finally was able to get a passport appointment scheduled at the post…for a month from now 😂. SB only has one post office that handles those things I guess, so they stay pretty booked up. Things are moving along!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #87 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Ended up being not too bad yesterday, for a Monday!

Great shave this morning. Getting more difficult to load the soap, as the donut ring becomes more ring. Good, classy scents used. Finished up with the delightful ADP Colonia Intensa!

Spending today’s work shift largely at our EOL facility. Finally was able to get a passport appointment scheduled at the post…for a month from now 😂. SB only has one post office that handles those things I guess, so they stay pretty booked up. Things are moving along!

Have a great Tuesday all!
Mmmmmm .... donuts!
giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #88 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Razorock Big Bruce brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Find Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Little smattering of light rain late yesterday through the night…possibly more tonight as well, but it looks like that’s the last hurrah for a while as sunny but cool days predicted for the next week.

Excellent shave this morning. No shave hiccups, just good performance through and through. Finished up with some darker scents today…smoky peppery Aventus dupe plus somewhat woody boozy warm vanilla. Yum!

OT workout later tonight. Other than that…we’ll see!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #88 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Razorock Big Bruce brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Find Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Little smattering of light rain late yesterday through the night…possibly more tonight as well, but it looks like that’s the last hurrah for a while as sunny but cool days predicted for the next week.

Excellent shave this morning. No shave hiccups, just good performance through and through. Finished up with some darker scents today…smoky peppery Aventus dupe plus somewhat woody boozy warm vanilla. Yum!

OT workout later tonight. Other than that…we’ll see!

Have a great Wednesday all!
Get out there and Moon Walk all over the day, Chris! :cool:

giphy.gif

Shave #89 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Sartorial clone oil + Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ended up being just the right amount of push for last night’s OT class. The kind where you walk away feeling tired but good and not tired and “ugh”.

Great shave this morning! Some usual suspects played their parts. The BB + Astra SP combo has done a great job this week. Tomorrow will be the last rodeo for it before it gets swapped out for the new week. Not sure what’ll be up next…probably the Tech!

Less busy work day ahead for once. It’ll be capped off by a church leadership meeting tonight for some check-in. The missus said she’d make ribs for everyone, so definitely looking forward to that! 🤤

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #90 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Nice evening yesterday with a good church meeting. Ribs were excellent! 7 hour bake and they were fall off the bone goodness!

Great shave this morning to finish the BB’s round of duty. Prions my going to call it quotes on the soap ring this weekend at some point and transfer the remains to the Clown Puke tub. Finished up with the opulent vibes of Jubilation! Classin it up today!

Happy Friday all! Just one shift to finish out and we’re home free!

1410AE13-F2EA-49B1-B396-B133F8A249F2.gif

If your oud is smelling pissy…something is definitely wrong! 😂

If Dave is a dark brunette Latina…maybe it was him!

Good to know! I was initially eyeing Full Incense in my search for ⛪️ but it had some mixed reviews and I didn’t want to chance blowing out my finely tuned senses 😜
Well I was a little wrong about Montale, it was a Dubai brand, but founded by a Frenchman.

If you're interested, here's a great video review on the house and history. This guy is a real gem by the way, really worth checking out.

Well I was a little wrong about Montale, it was a Dubai brand, but founded by a Frenchman.

If you're interested, here's a great video review on the house and history. This guy is a real gem by the way, really worth checking out.
All good! I’ll only hold it against you a little bit.

7411BFA9-699B-4312-BB1E-42FA0AA8CDB2.gif

Shave #91 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress so far! Tough OT workout followed by a cup of coffee and a breakfast treat. Now back home for chores.

Great shave this morning. Cleaned up the BB a bit an put it away, then transferred the Astra SP that was in it into the Tech. May roll with this for the next week, though I’ve a mind to swap in the ‘jectah at some point before the next 50 spot of open blade shaves. Also made one final, excellent lather off the Lollipop Citrus, then smooshed the remainder into the Clown Puke tub. Leaving it open to set a bit. Woohoo, new soap time soon! Finished up with ADP Colonia Intensa.

More laundry to do. The youngest has science camp next week, so we do have to pick him up a few things. The kids otherwise are soaking in the last moments of Spring Break freedom.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #92 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Tech, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Man…last day of the weekend already?! Le sigh. Thankfully made it out to the beach for an hour or so late yesterday before sunset. It was a bit cold but beautiful.

Great shave this morning though! Given yesterday’s early afternoon shave, there wasn’t a whole bunch of stubble to knock down, but the was some. Pulled out an unlabeled CBL from the soap pile last night for use. I believe it’s a Hombres Master Barber puck that’s been smoothed into a tub. Super fresh, fun, green scent! Finished up a little darker with Platinum AS and Avignon. A jumble of scents, but still great!

Church this morning. I’m not preaching today thankfully. Usual grocery shopping later.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back