The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #100 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Schick Trac II blade, Stirling synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Man, Monday already? Booo! Pretty good Easter weekend…just tired.

Great shave though! Last one with the ‘jectah for now. Not much to report except solid results and great scents. Finished with DHS ‘19.

Not sure what kind of week is ahead. Census is still on the low end though there seemed to be a bit of a flurry over the weekend. Guess we’ll see how it shakes out. Should leave me some time to do the sermon for church this coming Sunday though at least!

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #101 (701 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday after all! Eldest had an away game that we couldn’t make it to, but they dominated I guess, so that was good. Got the sermon started.

The quest for 750 began today! Great shave overall just one little blip of a weeper. 50 shave breaks seem to be just enough where I have to give some though to how I was doing my open blade passes as I get back in the groove. Finished up with the blue combo - Barby PR AS + Sauvage EDT!

Been having some nice cool, foggy mornings lately, the kind that burn off late morning for some sun. It’s been nice!

Day ahead at the EOL facility. Eldest has another away game tonight, at least the missus will be able to attend this one. Just another week and a half of indoor volleyball season to get through.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #101 (701 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday after all! Eldest had an away game that we couldn’t make it to, but they dominated I guess, so that was good. Got the sermon started.

The quest for 750 began today! Great shave overall just one little blip of a weeper. 50 shave breaks seem to be just enough where I have to give some though to how I was doing my open blade passes as I get back in the groove. Finished up with the blue combo - Barby PR AS + Sauvage EDT!

Been having some nice cool, foggy mornings lately, the kind that burn off late morning for some sun. It’s been nice!

Day ahead at the EOL facility. Eldest has another away game tonight, at least the missus will be able to attend this one. Just another week and a half of indoor volleyball season to get through.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Great shave! But, you need to watch out for that Cali fog... Never know what's in it! :oops:

tumblr_5f64043450d1215f00a85d6a0087328f_74f3842a_500.gif

I much prefer Walking Dead zombie issues if I had to chose. Highly athletic zombies are no bueno.
I'd be screwed....

giphy.gif

Shave #102 (702 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Wow, Wednesday already?

Great shave this morning! Three fairly smooth passes, just a couple little blips under the chin on some particularly stubborn stubble. Finished up with a nice spicy citrusy woodsy combo - The Stallion AS + ADP Colonia Intensa!

IDT meeting this morning then some home visits. OT workout later tonight. Slowly making progress on the sermon…just waiting for that inspiration to hit!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

I have to write a eulogy and I'm dreading it. So far I have the first line.
An honor…but certainly a nerve wracking one.

Sometimes it helps to just write what you know is generally true, then a couple examples of your specific experiences, then you’ll usually find a good meaning to hold on to in the midst of it that you can come back to throughout.

You’ve got this!

Shave #102 (N38 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Wow, Wednesday already?

Great shave this morning! Three fairly smooth passes, just a couple little blips under the chin on some particularly stubborn stubble. Finished up with a nice spicy citrusy woodsy combo - The Stallion AS + ADP Colonia Intensa!

IDT meeting this morning then some home visits. OT workout later tonight. Slowly making progress on the sermon…just waiting for that inspiration to hit!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Wow, not a single mention of hump day? Is this an imposter?

Back