The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Chris is...

giphy-downsized.gif
Tripping and falling into it may also apply.

Shave #83 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

The boys finish out the week of volleyball with a win at home, all 3 levels! The fight to break the tie for 1st in the region continues. Spirits are high as they enter Spring Break and a week of rest this week.

Great shave this morning. Just long enough and nice enough to give me time to wake up a bit more out of my stupor…I’m pretty tired from the week! Nothing major to report. Razor gets swapped out for the new week tomorrow. Finished up todays shave with Avignon! ⛪

Morning until noon at the EOL facility today…then I have to go pick the kids up, as everyone has a half day. I’ll probably finish out the rest of the work day working from home.

Happy Friday all! Almost to that finish line!

Shave #84 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Montale Fantastic Oud to finish!

A bit behind the normal Saturday routine. Slept in a bit and took the later morning OT workout class…killed it! Then a quick jaunt for some professional drip coffee and a baked goodie, then back home to quickly change and head into work for a short hour to support a family. Then back home for the usual chores.

Excellent shave today. Swapped out the General Brass for my squeaky Black Beauty. Three excellent passes on the Soapy Science lather. Finished strong with a first sampling of Fantastic Oud. I believe this is my first time trying a Montale, can’t remember. They’re a well known, I believe Middle Eastern, house. Hallmark of strong scents, a bit on the synthetic side, but usually long lasting and encompassing some use of oud in some way. Contrary to what the name might imply, Fantastic Oud is not a poopy oud, but actually pretty decent so far (I was conservative with my sprays) and smooth blend of oud, rose, tobacco, and patchouli among other things. It’s sunny but cool in SB today, so it’s manageable. Definitely wouldn’t want this guy on a hot summer day!

More chores in the works, but the sermon is ready for tomorrow, so I otherwise have a free day! Woohoo!

Happy Saturday all!

Montale is a French house, founded by Pierre Montale, who also does Mancera. No idea why they are separate houses, they both feature a lot of Middle Eastern stylings though, I know Mancera better and it seems like half of them have oud in the name. Though I think Mancera still leans more French from what people say.

Strong and synthetic is what I know them for, though, at least Mancera has gone down really well for me. Cedrat Boise and Red Tobacco are the big ones.

Thank god it's not poopy, I like the woody aspects of oud, but poopy, no thanks!

How did you know I was thinking poopy?! OK, is it perhaps pissy? :unsure:
If your oud is smelling pissy…something is definitely wrong! 😂
You visited @NurseDave ! That's awesome!
If Dave is a dark brunette Latina…maybe it was him!
Montale is a French house, founded by Pierre Montale, who also does Mancera. No idea why they are separate houses, they both feature a lot of Middle Eastern stylings though, I know Mancera better and it seems like half of them have oud in the name. Though I think Mancera still leans more French from what people say.

Strong and synthetic is what I know them for, though, at least Mancera has gone down really well for me. Cedrat Boise and Red Tobacco are the big ones.

Thank god it's not poopy, I like the woody aspects of oud, but poopy, no thanks!
Good to know! I was initially eyeing Full Incense in my search for ⛪️ but it had some mixed reviews and I didn’t want to chance blowing out my finely tuned senses 😜

If your oud is smelling pissy…something is definitely wrong! 😂

If Dave is a dark brunette Latina…maybe it was him!

Good to know! I was initially eyeing Full Incense in my search for ⛪️ but it had some mixed reviews and I didn’t want to chance blowing out my finely tuned senses 😜
If you ever come across Oriza L. Legrande, they have a couple of great church scents. I have Reve D'Ossian and the opening is just like walking into an old stone church.

Diptyque's La Eau Trois is becoming a real favorite churchy incense of mine as well, not as literal as Avignon, but the frankincense is very evocative, worth getting a sample.

Then there's stuff like Papyrus Oud (or the Bentley version for less $) for a more modern take on the note, I can see you really enjoying those. Papyrus Oud is worth it for the quality and longevity.

Shave #85 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Up for church! Not the best nights sleep unfortunately but at least I got to roll around a bit longer than normal.

Excellent shave this morning! Not a whole lot to take care of…but unlike some others in this neighborhood *cough*Bruce*cough* I don’t shy away from going through the motions anyway 😂. Finished up with a couple spritzes of the nuclear Sauvage Elixir! Smelling great!

Not much planned for today besides the usual church and grocery shopping. Sounds good to me!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #86 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ah Monday. Got to set the alarm 15 minutes later than usual since the kids are on Spring Break.

Up n at em now! I think I’ll start off with a coffee, before rollin into the office.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #86 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Super Adjustable, Astra SP blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ah Monday. Got to set the alarm 15 minutes later than usual since the kids are on Spring Break.

Up n at em now! I think I’ll start off with a coffee, before rollin into the office.

Have a great Monday all!
Think I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock 4 or 5 times this morning. Did NOT want to get up...

giphy.gif

Back