The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #79 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Not a bad weekend overall! Judging by the emails though, it was a whopper of a weekend for work though. Gonna be some catching up to do today!

Great shave this morning! A pretty typical set so not much to report. Blood is in the soapy water as this soap donut keeps getting smaller and smaller, little by little. Finished up with DHS ‘19 and smellin great!

Was initially forecasted to start warming up a bit this week. But while that trend curbed with a couple rainy days still forecasted, it’s at least supposed to get back to being sunny towards the end of the week. Beach days ahead? Maybe!

Hope Monday plays nice!

Beach days ahead? Maybe!
giphy.gif

Shave #80 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Sartorial clone oil + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Well…point for the weather person…a bit of a storm rolled in last night. Mostly some moderate rains and a fairly gusty wind so far, we’ll see how bad it gets!

Great shave this morning to pull me out of the warm coziness of bed. A mish mosh of scents but it all worked out. Finished with Moustache EDP with a little extra fresh powderiness from the Sartorial clone oil. Not bad!

IDT this morning and some EOL facility visits, though they’re currently without grid power and are running on generators right now I hear. May get to head out early and work from home.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #81 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

Man, crazy and weird weather day yesterday. Fine one minute, then pouring rain, then less, then fine again, then hail and super windy, the fine again. Etc. Thankfully no real issues for us, just the usual infrastructure problems dotted around town.

Great shave this morning to kick things off. Brought out the synthetic version of the soap killer - the Big Bruce! It gave a valiant effort, but despite its good work and the size of the soap ring…there’s probably still a good number of shaves before it needs to be relegated to the Clown Puke tub. Maybe I’ll get fed up at some point and just transfer it anyway 😂

All the boys’ teams won their away game yesterday. Apparently it was pretty quick and easy because they were back in town and home way before I was expecting them to be.

Anyway, more weird weather predicted today. OT workout this evening. Let’s see what happens!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Man, crazy and weird weather day yesterday. Fine one minute, then pouring rain, then less, then fine again, then hail and super windy, the fine again. Etc. Thankfully no real issues for us, just the usual infrastructure problems dotted around town.
We had the same here. Could hear the wind howling in the hospital.

Shave #82 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Oh man! Thursday already? We’re flyin now!

Great shave this morning. This Proline is showing its wear and yet for the SE AC format, it’s still way more comfortable that a Feather Pro ever would be. A proven scent combo used today. Smellin like a brojefe with a nice layer of Sauvage for the day!

IDT this morning then some home and facility visits planned. Pulled double duty on sermons, last week and this. Thankfully I’m close to being finished I think for this week’s. I was better about getting a little done each day than last week. Would be nice to not have to worry about it Saturday.

Hope you all have a great day!

Back