The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #74 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Well, we ended up having a nice full 24 hours or so of moderate rain. Only a few local issues out of that but no large scale disasters that I’m aware of, thankfully.

Great shave this morning. Proline still goin strong and smooth, with an indeterminate number of shaves on it. The Big Bruce whipped up a great lather and really knocked the soap down another peg (relative to my usages). The translucent bottom of the soap continues to widen little by little and there’s more and more of a donut ring forming. Finished off today with a full wearing of Avignon!

IDT meeting this morning at the main office, followed by some visits. Older boys have a home game tonight we’ll be going to. My Cardinal purchase should be arriving today!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #74 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Comme Des Garçons Avignon to finish!

Well, we ended up having a nice full 24 hours or so of moderate rain. Only a few local issues out of that but no large scale disasters that I’m aware of, thankfully.

Great shave this morning. Proline still goin strong and smooth, with an indeterminate number of shaves on it. The Big Bruce whipped up a great lather and really knocked the soap down another peg (relative to my usages). The translucent bottom of the soap continues to widen little by little and there’s more and more of a donut ring forming. Finished off today with a full wearing of Avignon!

IDT meeting this morning at the main office, followed by some visits. Older boys have a home game tonight we’ll be going to. My Cardinal purchase should be arriving today!

Have a great Wednesday all!
giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #75 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Good day yesterday. The volleyball teams that played, won, set after set. The JV struggled a bit but brought it home each time. Also, as posted in other threads, my Heeley Cardinal and Pro Guard blades both arrived yesterday. I’m honestly shocked at how similar Cardinal is to Avignon. I was expecting a fairly different take on incense but Cardinal pretty much opens up to the main notes of Avignon, maybe a bit less sharp citrus on the top and instead slowly creeps in a fresh linen vibe that settles the incense after a couple hours, making for a slightly more youthful and fresh scent overall. The bare bones however are markedly Avignon-like. It’s a weird combination on paper, but it’s pretty nice!

Great shave this morning. Not much to report. Went blue/aquatic for the scent profile today. Excellent combo of Barby PR AS + Sauvage EDT!

Mixed bag for work today with a combination of facility and home visits. This evening is the second OT workout for the week. Work continues on the sermon for the weekend.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Shave #76 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Challenging OT workout last night…but I made it through without fudging on the routine.

Great shave this morning! Vector + Proline still going stronk! 3 smooth passes. Proraso Red AS plus a full wearing of Cardinal…oh yea!

As mentioned yesterday, follow up rival volleyball game for the boys later.

It’s Friday y’all! Go get it!

Shave #76 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Heeley Cardinal to finish!

Challenging OT workout last night…but I made it through without fudging on the routine.

Great shave this morning! Vector + Proline still going stronk! 3 smooth passes. Proraso Red AS plus a full wearing of Cardinal…oh yea!

As mentioned yesterday, follow up rival volleyball game for the boys later.

It’s Friday y’all! Go get it!
giphy.gif

Shave #77 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Old Spice AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Heyooo got to sleep in this morning…and of course had the usual breakfast out with the missus. Today was a heaving serving of chilaquiles and a professionally expressoed coffee.

Great shave! Bit of a mush mosh of scents…but it all turned out just fine.

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #78 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Colonial “Armored” General Brass, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Tom For Beau De Jour Private Blend to finish!

Up for church…but not out the door before a classy shave! Going to be a bit windy and rainy today but I needed some barbershop fougere…so a BDJ profile was on the menu! And so it was! So good.

Usual church this morning; I get to give this week’s and next week’s sermons. Grocery shopping later.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back