The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #72 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Ah Monday…after a time change no less…after a restless night no less no less…you poor whipping boy you.

Great shave this morning as the sun made itself known…turning a cold black morning into a cold gray morning. Usual suspects and back to the 3017.

Not quite the storm that was predicted yet…in fact no rain supposedly today, but tomorrow is supposed to be a whopper. We’ll see. I guess I’ll call us fortunate, compared to the communities still trying to get back to normal after the last storm.

So happy to have found a sizable partial (maybe 85-90%?) of Cardinal! A pretty darn good deal on it too. Hopefully that should curb my frag hankering for a while! While I admit I still haven’t found anything remotely close to AOS Olibanum & Pepper’s intensely fresh incense (the scent that started my incense thirst) I’m pretty darn happy to have the ones I did find.

Have a great Monday all!

Not quite the storm that was predicted yet…in fact no rain supposedly today, but tomorrow is supposed to be a whopper. We’ll see.
This is what we're experiencing. News puts the fear in everyone, it rains and blows for a chunk of one day and then nothing.

Shave #73 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Sartorial clone oil + Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Already out the door and at work. Kids got a “rain day” off school in anticipation of more stormy weather throughout the day. So I took an extra 30 min of rest since I didn’t have to fight anyone for bathroom space.

Great shave this morning with barbershoppy scents!

The rain is a moderate but consistent downpour right now; we’ll see how it gets!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #73 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Sartorial clone oil + Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Already out the door and at work. Kids got a “rain day” off school in anticipation of more stormy weather throughout the day. So I took an extra 30 min of rest since I didn’t have to fight anyone for bathroom space.

Great shave this morning with barbershoppy scents!

The rain is a moderate but consistent downpour right now; we’ll see how it gets!

Have a great Tuesday all!
How are things going in locating that gopherwood? Still bupkis on this end. That stuff, like most other building material, is hard to come by. SMDH

Kids got a “rain day” off school in anticipation of more stormy weather throughout the day.
I remember here on the East Coast when parents would complain when schools would be canceled because of a snow dusting….canceling because of rain…..that’s next level! Where were these administrators when I was forced to walk uphill both ways to school in back in blizzard conditions with only tshirt and no shoes because we were so poor that my brother and I had to take turns with the jacket and shoes?

I remember here on the East Coast when parents would complain when schools would be canceled because of a snow dusting….canceling because of rain…..that’s next level! Where were these administrators when I was forced to walk uphill both ways to school in back in blizzard conditions with only tshirt and no shoes because we were so poor that my brother and I had to take turns with the jacket and shoes?
and against the rotation of the earth...

How are things going in locating that gopherwood? Still bupkis on this end. That stuff, like most other building material, is hard to come by. SMDH
You too huh? People keep giving me funny looks. 😂
Did you ever actually see said administrators in those days? 🤔

Back