The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Sounds like Volleyball season is definitely in full swing? Do they have practice on the days they don’t have games?

Have a great one my friend!
For the most part, yes, practices on weekdays there’s no games. But with consistent 3 or more games a week, including some Saturdays, it’s been pretty tiring for everyone already!

Nice to see you out there supporting the team Chris.

giphy.gif

Shave #69 (699 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and vintage Ralph Lauren Chaps to finish!

The rains came in late yesterday evening and should be settled in through the weekend. Thankfully it’s not too bad at the moment…but when you hear terms like “atmospheric river” it does evoke some vivid imagery 😂

Great shave this morning to close out the work week and put me one away from 700 open blade shaves and well on the back half on the way to 1k. I’ll have to swap things up a bit in celebration tomorrow! Finished up with some darker, heavier scents - Fine Platinum AS and RL Chaps; hopefully they calm a little by the time I get to the EOL facility 😂

Hoping for a smooth day and easy transition to the weekend. Not much on the books today. Did not sleep well last night so I’ll definitely be hitting up the coffee shop first thing out the door.

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Shave #70 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Barrister & Mann Melange soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh to finish!

Semi-typical Saturday in progress! No workout but the missus and oldest got up early to head to an out of town v-ball tourney. Reports are so far so good on the matches! I got some sleep-in and then picked up a Black Tie from Peet’s with a tasty breakfast sandwich…then it’s been back for the usual chores.

077FF73C-1806-4FFB-8437-A8206A7E7C7B.gif

Great warm shave this morning to hit the 700 milestone! Did end up reaching for the Melange afterall…just a really fun scent. Lots of cinnamon and spices up from but there’s a heady woody underpinning as it opens up and lathers. Decided to finish up with the same spice-like profile, using The Stallion AS and the last of my C&S decant. Swimming in spicy scent right now!

More laundry to finish but nothing else really on the books as far as I know. A nice chill day before the big lose-an-hour upset tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #71 (700 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Barrister & Mann Melange soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Heeley Eau Sacree to finish!

Not the best nights sleep…then the hour lost? Booooo!

Yesterday’s shave was so great…I decided to do it again, just a tad different. Felt like using the Vector so looks like I’ll be sticking with the for the week. Subbed in Proraso Red and Eau Sacree to finish…instead of spice, I leaned into the woody/incense vibe today.

Off to church in a few minutes.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back