The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

How long has it been since you acquired the Tedalus? I think you are the official face to Tedalus now. The shaving version of the Wheaties box!
I want to say I’m a couple months short of a full year. The first photos I can find of mine are from May last year.

Wish I’d have found the Essence razor BEFORE I chunked unreasonable, Illogical, and obscene amounts of cash into SuperCurve hones and straight razors.

I have not used mine since October, when it went on a field trip to this guy who got all us stoooped people using a single puck of Williams forever. I’m trying to mostly stay with the same straight for the duration.

Signed,
Tedalus Emeritus

@Bill M You’ll always be the godfather of the Tedalus……or maybe the dealer…..and you have Gear hooked…
4BBA16B8-9C83-4CF0-9D74-DACA996DF313.gif
Wish I’d have found the Essence razor BEFORE I chunked unreasonable, Illogical, and obscene amounts of cash into SuperCurve hones and straight razors.

I have not used mine since October, when it went on a field trip to this guy who got all us stoooped people using a single puck of Williams forever. I’m trying to mostly stay with the same straight for the duration.

Signed,
Tedalus Emeritus
Ah. The different ways we humans find to torture ourselves! 😂

Shave #64 (694 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Up for church! And coffee! And yummy goodies! The holy Trinity!
506201D3-A82B-448D-818A-87D7A00D0339.gif

Another super duper shave this morning! Same setup except I swapped AS and frag. Decided to reach for Proraso Red AS and continue the incense frag jaunt with a healthy dosing of Jubilation! Yum!

Unexpectedly have had some light rainfall early morning through now. The weather app doesn’t even show it! But it’s very welcome!

Church this morning, then some grocery shopping…then who knows!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #65 (695 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Savon Lavande AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil + Prada L’Homme to finish!

No student day for the kids, so they get a long weekend! Lucky bums!

Pretty darn good shave this morning despite feeling a bit drowsy. Trying a new sleep-aid med to see if it will help me feel a little better rested. Anyway, usual suspects plus my brush/AS/frag swaps outs for some variety. Today was Savon Lavande AS followed up by an experiment with layering Sartorial clone oil + Prada L’Homme…not bad!

Full work day ahead for us adults. Maybe an OT workout later this evening. Gonna be another busy week.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #66 (696 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme 2020 to finish!

Not too bad of a day yesterday, for a Monday. Straightforward work day, tough but good OT workout, great home cooked dinner per usual. Can’t complain!

Great shave this morning! A regular setup used…I must do this one about once a week at least. It’s perfect for the facility but still gives me enjoyment too in my personal scent bubble space.

Tonight is the older boys’ second matchup against their local rival school. They lost to them in the tournament a few weeks ago for first place. Will today be redemption?

My side of the frag swap should finally arrive today! I’m excited!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Tonight is the older boys’ second matchup against their local rival school. They lost to them in the tournament a few weeks ago for first place. Will today be redemption?
Good luck to the boys! You tell them that Rocky lost his first match - and look how that worked out for him!

1678203390165.gif

Hopefully there will be celebration - and Jubilation in the form of a package in the mail my friend! Have a great day

I foresee them hoisting that trophy in VICTORY!!!

giphy.gif

Shave #67 (697 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Welp…yesterday wasn’t a sweep unfortunately. A couple close games and maybe some questionable calls (our varsity got pretty lucky) but frosh pulled the win, JV got trounced, and varsity was able to win in 3. The gym was packed with students and families since both teams are local. Fun stuff.

Great shave this morning! I’ve got to now be literally a cm away from breaking through to the bottom of this tub. The soap base is a slight bit translucent, so I can see the bottom, mocking me. Finished up with a regular combo - Fine Platinum AS + Moustache EDP!

Should be a fairly simple day ahead with some home visits to take care of and IDT to prep for tomorrow. OT work out early evening. Let’s do it!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #68 (698 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Man, rough workout last night! OT has Dri-Tri coming up (fortunately/unfortunately on a Sunday when we can’t do it 😂) so it was a “training” workout. The phew!

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report…just 3 smooth passes and some great finishing scents!

IDT this morning and a busy day running around on visits. The older boys have another away game tonight, but mom’s taking them while I stay home with the youngest; we figure we don’t have to drag him to every game…he enjoys watch but that has limits.

Have a great Thursday all!

Back