The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #59 (689 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

‘Twas a busy Monday. Was able to get to my annual Dr visit though and had a good bill of health, also had an OT workout which went well.

Great shave this morning! Only one little weeper early on under the lower lip with a little less than careful touchdown. Everything else went smoothly though. Finished up with a delightful combo of Proraso Red AS + DHO!

Spending today’s work day largely at the EOL facility. Let’s see what we can accomplish!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #60 (690 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Man, long day yesterday! Ended up traveling south a bit to where the two older kids had their volleyball game; all 3 levels played. Unfortunately both of the kids’ team levels lost in a bit of low energy funk. They got some good play time though and there’s always the next game! Thankfully our varsity pulled the win out for the night in their game 4! By the time the kids got home, ate, and got to bed, it was pretty late though.

Great shave this morning to wake me up, as if the bracing morning chill wasn’t also enough 😂. Was so lazy I didn’t chance my brush out. I did swap AS and frag however…RR The Stallion AS + Moustache EDP for the win!

At least a couple visits on the books today. Have an OT workout tonight, may end up hitting a third later this week to use up an extra class before the next billing cycle.

Have a great Wednesday all!

I’m sensing the beginning of a great screen play about a high school volleyball team who stages a comeback after a slow start and then wins the county tourney. I think we should have the lead throw in a can’t be defended crane kick spike for the final point. You’re in California - run it by some peeps for us.

I’m sensing the beginning of a great screen play about a high school volleyball team who stages a comeback after a slow start and then wins the county tourney. I think we should have the lead throw in a can’t be defended crane kick spike for the final point. You’re in California - run it by some peeps for us.
Sounds like a box office hit for sure! 😂

Shave #61 (691 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Week is chuggin right along!

Decent shave this morning. Good results but I’m fairly certain this blade ist kaput. Feather Pros seem to really start having trouble after 10 shaves, maybe 15 if you’re lucky. Anyway, wrapped up with Skin Bracer AS + ADP Colonia Intensa!

Kids have another away game tonight out of town but we’re splitting forces and I have to take the youngest to a school function of his own. Should be a full work day too!

Have a great Thursday all!

Week is chuggin right along!
Well keep chuggin' right along with it! 😁

giphy-downsized.gif

Good luck for the volleyball kids and hopefully the youngest is a fun event!
Thanks Brian! I think it’s some sort of informational night for younger grades…he’s volunteered himself to help run some kind of activities booth. Should be interesting 😂

At least there’ll be a taco truck!
Well keep chuggin' right along with it! 😁

giphy-downsized.gif
I try to not imbibe during the work week unless there’s a strong hankering or we go out to eat…but there are days… 😂

I feel for you, Chris. In retrospect, though it certainly didn't feel like it at the time, those years passed quickly.
I’m getting to a certain tipping point in my inner/mental overall time awareness. The days and weeks are definitely picking up pace. Can’t believe we’re already into the 3rd month of 2023. 😵

Shave #62 (692 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

It’s Fridaaaaaay! Todays meme states:
1) Gather around office water cooler
2) Throw office appropriate dance party
3) Disburse back to tedium until end of work day

CD9CFE27-CB26-4599-826F-ACB9B252BFBF.gif

Great shave this morning! Fresh Feather Pro popped into the Essence cleared a path to smooth faced glory. 3 easy passes, followed up by Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19! Smellin good!

At least a half day to put in at the EOL facility and a home visit or two likely to close out the day.

The boys trounced the opposition in yesterday’s away matches. Another game tonight, thankfully it’s a home game!

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #62 (692 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

It’s Fridaaaaaay! Todays meme states:
1) Gather around office water cooler
2) Throw office appropriate dance party
3) Disburse back to tedium until end of work day

View attachment 106395

Great shave this morning! Fresh Feather Pro popped into the Essence cleared a path to smooth faced glory. 3 easy passes, followed up by Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19! Smellin good!

At least a half day to put in at the EOL facility and a home visit or two likely to close out the day.

The boys trounced the opposition in yesterday’s away matches. Another game tonight, thankfully it’s a home game!

Have a great Friday all!
Chris doing his obligatory "Happy Friday" dance this morning. :cool:

giphy.gif

Shave #63 (693 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Spartan Burl brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and CDG Avignon to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! Challenging OT workout this morning followed by coffee and a baked treat. Then went to pick up some passport applications from the local post office. Back home to get chores going.

Superb shave between laundry loads. The Feather Pro was the perfect balance of super sharp and comfortable…plus a nice warm water setup…so nice! Finished up with the remainder of my CDG Avignon sample, since I have the full bottle now. Basting in churchy glory! Halleluyer!

04C15C96-190F-443F-A7B5-7DE1A1E24BA4.gif

More laundry ahead! Not sure what else.

In my late night Hogwarts adventures I finally accomplished my big goal of becoming proto-Voldemort…I have learned Avada Kedavre! Good thing teachers and students are untargetable 🥲

Have a great Saturday all!

Back