The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #56 (686 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress…busy arse week…but glad it’s over and all is once again right in the Noir household. OT workout this morning followed by baked goodies and coffee with the missus.

Great shave this afternoon to clean myself up a bit between laundry loads. Well hello clown puke tub, it’s been a while! 3 stellar warm water passes and wrapped up with a nice dark scent profile for this chilly, wet day! Fine Platinum AS + TF Ombré Leather!

There’s snow in them thar hills! It’s true! There’s a fair dusting of snow on our inland side mountains, steady rainfall over the city, and steely cold, rolling ocean…with a nice dark grey cloud cover hovering over it all. Weird!

Well…I’m doing it…I’m putting my DHP up for swap on the frag market. Hoping it nets me something just as luxurious but that the missus will appreciate a bit more so I can get more use out of it. Hoping for Jubilation! We’ll see what bites I get.

Have a great Saturday all!

Well…I’m doing it…I’m putting my DHP up for swap on the frag market. Hoping it nets me something just as luxurious but that the missus will appreciate a bit more so I can get more use out of it.
I've got half a bottle of Hai Karate left over from high school. How about an even trade? Your wife will love it, as proven by the documentary footage included here:

Indeed. The things we do for love!

I've got half a bottle of Hai Karate left over from high school. How about an even trade? Your wife will love it, as proven by the documentary footage included here:

Being the most expensive bottle in my collection…it’d probably take 8 half bottles unfortunately…I don’t think I’m ready for that much manliness anyway 😂

Being the most expensive bottle in my collection…it’d probably take 8 half bottles unfortunately…I don’t think I’m ready for that much manliness anyway 😂
This formulation of Hai Karate is Unobtanium, therefore, invaluable. Your "expensive" bottle of whatever does not have this effect on women, giving you little leverage, I would say. The story goes that the FDA and Planned Parenthood forced Hai Karate to remove the pheromones and aphrodisiacs, so now it's just like all the others that simply smell good, but contain no magical powers.

Shave #57 (687 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Up for church! ‘Twas a cold night and morning but supposed to have a bit of a break in the rain showers with some sunny skies today, not that it’s been that bad anyway. Nothing near the storm proportions we were planning to hunker down for…thankfully!

Great shave this morning. Not quite as spectacular as yesterday’s, likely because there really wasn’t much to get rid of and shorter stubble = more stubborn stubble, but still good! Finished up with Fine Platinum again but this time followed by Sauvage EDT! Gonna bro it up today I guess 😂

Some grocery shopping to do for the week ahead, otherwise should be a fairly chill day.

The youngest got to do more birthday stuff yesterday, like finish a small “hunt” for goodies his grandparents arranged at a couple local businesses, then we got his phone stuff squared away. I swear, phone stores are becoming as terrible as car lots when it comes to the time it takes to get things done! You have to plan out a couple hours at least! Saw the latest Apple Watches…tempting but the poor battery life really kills any excitement for me.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Oh ya buddy, first phone! We had our kids read through a list of phone rules when they got them. Like we really have any control anyway.
Right…just a pretext for chaos!
But you can start Nurse Dave’s Tesla with one - that has to add to the cool factor…

Sounds like your son had a great bday!
🤏 ok a little bit cooler.

I believe he did thanks!

Oh man, that is the truth. Judging by today's youth's predilection with cell phones, I feel somehow cheated. You see, I didn't get my first cell phone till I was in my late 30s. 😢
You’ve probably saved years of your life in terms of the mental trauma would didn’t go through 😂

You’ve probably saved years of your life in terms of the mental trauma you didn’t go through 😂
Sadly, I wasted my earliest years playing outdoors and riding my bike with friends, playing pickup games of baseball and football with my friends, etc. I blame my parents. They raised four free-range children without the benefit of cell phones or video games. How is that even possible?

Shave #58 (688 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Weekend felt short…ew. At least it was a good one.

Great shave this morning. Just me, the scrape of the razor, and the gentle sounds of a light, steady rain outside the bathroom window. Finished up sporty today with Pitralon Classic AS + DHS ‘19!

Busy day ahead, busy week ahead. Dr appointment mid morning amidst the usual patient visits. Seems like our EOL facility had a handful of admits over the weekend, so a bunch to do there also. The older boys have games or practices nearly every night this week, so squeezing in the usual workouts will be difficult; may have to go different days that the missus this time around.

I believe I’ve found a trade for my DHP. It’s the Jubilation I wanted, though maybe not as aged as I’d hoped. Still…looks like I’m going to get the trade plus a little cash on top. Now to just hope it goes off without a hitch!

Have a great Monday all!

I believe I’ve found a trade for my DHP. It’s the Jubilation I wanted, though maybe not as aged as I’d hoped. Still…looks like I’m going to get the trade plus a little cash on top. Now to just hope it goes off without a hitch!
It's not too late to get that original formula Hai Karate. I daresay Mrs Noir won't be inclined to take business trips in the future.

It's not too late to get that original formula Hai Karate. I daresay Mrs Noir won't be inclined to take business trips in the future.
I’m doing you a favor my friend! The fragrance is so strong, you’d be in the dog house just bringing the shipping box in the home!

Back