The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #54 (684 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Well…big bummer…the missus’ flight was just late enough yesterday afternoon that she was affected by the snow accumulated that shut down flights for the rest of the day. Plus the “earliest” flight they could rebook her on is tomorrow. Plus she got stuck at the airport completely because of road conditions. Plus by the time they announced the cancellations all the airport food vendors were closed already. Plus it’s weather so no accommodations besides the rebooking. Need I continue? 😂 Le sigh.

Great shave this morning at least. Not much to report. Classing this Thursday up with a full compliment of Aventus products!

So, dad duties continue. Another busy day ahead!

Have a good one all!
*Seen running gleefully down the tarmac...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Ummmm, has your wife ever heard of Die Hard 2?? All she needs to do is walk a few blocks to the closest abandoned church and I believe they will have several vehicles of the mode of transportation befitting riding on snow. Just sayin’

1677167954421.png

Reboot the series……Die Hard 7: Mrs. Gear Doesn’t Stay At the Airport Overnight

Shave #55 (685 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine AB EDT + YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

The predicted rains have finally moved in, with some snow up in the mountain areas. Thankfully not as crazy so far as the last storm…just some good rain.

The missus had another tumultuous day yesterday. I won’t belabor the details. Suffice to say she was able to get on a plane and leave this morning, which was a huge relief in itself, and we pray for her safe return.

Great shave this morning. Needed another pick-me up and so I classed it up again with one of my favorite shave and frag scents! Great results and I’m bathed in the glory of Rive Gauche!

The youngest has his 12th birthday today, so we get to celebrate that later, likely with a dinner out. 12 also marks the year we’ve traditionally given the boys their phones, so he’s pretty stoked today. His special item he requested to handout to his classmates today was croissants…so we bagged him up some of those 😂

Have a great Friday all! Almost to that weekend!

Shave #55 (685 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine AB EDT + YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

The predicted rains have finally moved in, with some snow up in the mountain areas. Thankfully not as crazy so far as the last storm…just some good rain.

The missus had another tumultuous day yesterday. I won’t belabor the details. Suffice to say she was able to get on a plane and leave this morning, which was a huge relief in itself, and we pray for her safe return.

Great shave this morning. Needed another pick-me up and so I classed it up again with one of my favorite shave and frag scents! Great results and I’m bathed in the glory of Rive Gauche!

The youngest has his 12th birthday today, so we get to celebrate that later, likely with a dinner out. 12 also marks the year we’ve traditionally given the boys their phones, so he’s pretty stoked today. His special item he requested to handout to his classmates today was croissants…so we bagged him up some of those 😂

Have a great Friday all! Almost to that weekend!
Woo hoo!!! Happy Birthday to your son!!! Hope it's a great one!

giphy.gif

Back