The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Sorry about the Heeley, if it makes you feel better, I found a bunch of Floris deals you can buy for me. I’m here for you Chris.

Good luck to the wife!
I feel so well supported 😜
giphy.gif

Have a great one, brother! 😁
Truer words were never spoken. Thanks Mark!
You do girl! Well, her. Not you. ;)
It’s good for me too. No more Kate night study/reading sessions where her bedside light is making my eyes bleed 😂

I need some details on the Hogwarts game. Platform?
I believe it’s available on all major platforms. I have it for PS5. May be coming to older gen consoles mid year.

Really fun, open world adventure experience for anyone who likes the Harry Potter world. Has some loose references to HP but is otherwise long before his time and the time of Voldemort. It’s main questline and side questline driven…but you can also just wander around and explore and zing baddies. Also has a number of puzzle solving elements.

I think that’s a pretty good overview without giving anything away, unless you have specific questions?

At some point (after we get a new house) I'll update my gaming systems. I'll keep an eye out for this game. Thanks.

Shave #52 (682 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Everyone is still alive…major sign that dad duties are going well so far!

Great shave this morning! Went for lighter and more sporty scents today. A couple pinpricks of battle damage on the chin and moustache area…otherwise smooth sailing. Finished up with Pitralon Classic AS and Prada Luna Rossa!

Kids are back to school today after their nice, extended holiday weekend. So it’s drop offs, then zoomin in straight to work. Today will mostly be at our EOL facility.

OT workout to squeeze in later while the older boys are at volleyball practice. Who knows what else!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #53 (683 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and D&G The One to finish!

Man…busy arse day yesterday, between work and kid stuff and sqeezing in a workout…but it’s done now! Kudos to all you who are or have been single parents…it ain’t the easiest thing, that’s fo sho!

Great shave this morning, despite my bleary eyed status. 3 smooth passes over an excellent lather. I saw Bronson in an old western yesterday in a patient’s room and it made me think of using Mandom this morning…so I did! Today we also say goodbye, farewell, aufweidersein, goodnight to my decant of The One. It went out in a blaze of glory as I went all out and spritzed the ml or so that was left. A decent scent, but one never to be seen again in this den.

The missus comes home late tonight. Older boys are headed to an afternoon/evening game out of town right from school. Another busy day ahead!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #53 (683 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and D&G The One to finish!

Man…busy arse day yesterday, between work and kid stuff and sqeezing in a workout…but it’s done now! Kudos to all you who are or have been single parents…it ain’t the easiest thing, that’s fo sho!

Great shave this morning, despite my bleary eyed status. 3 smooth passes over an excellent lather. I saw Bronson in an old western yesterday in a patient’s room and it made me think of using Mandom this morning…so I did! Today we also say goodbye, farewell, aufweidersein, goodnight to my decant of The One. It went out in a blaze of glory as I went all out and spritzed the ml or so that was left. A decent scent, but one never to be seen again in this den.

The missus comes home late tonight. Older boys are headed to an afternoon/evening game out of town right from school. Another busy day ahead!

Have a great Wednesday all!
*View from inside the Noir residence with the missus gone

giphy.gif

Have a great one, brother! 😁

Shave #54 (684 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Well…big bummer…the missus’ flight was just late enough yesterday afternoon that she was affected by the snow accumulated that shut down flights for the rest of the day. Plus the “earliest” flight they could rebook her on is tomorrow. Plus she got stuck at the airport completely because of road conditions. Plus by the time they announced the cancellations all the airport food vendors were closed already. Plus it’s weather so no accommodations besides the rebooking. Need I continue? 😂 Le sigh.

Great shave this morning at least. Not much to report. Classing this Thursday up with a full compliment of Aventus products!

So, dad duties continue. Another busy day ahead!

Have a good one all!

Back