The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Chris gonna be noddin' all day thanks to Antman!

giphy-downsized.gif
I know! And I wasn’t even invited to watch, just to pick up! Rude! 😂
Uh oh, that means lots of potty stops
Oh goodness…I hope not!
FF541401-AEF0-4E5F-A901-10F4A7FD2CB8.gif

If you do it right, time is invested and not wasted - apart from Fridays, when it's frivolously wasted with no regrets!

Fridays are 'Charlie's turn to bring the kolaches to work', which is good because i like the ones with jalapenos and if nothing else, it makes up for the fact that Charlie cannot use a tape measure and i have had to re-draw the same thing 4 times this week as his inattention to detail has become apparent.

Still beats going shopping, but when the Kraken awakes tomorrow, that is my fate. i am that guy pushing the trolley with a 1000 yard stare.

T

Shave #49 (679 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Semi-non typical Saturday in progress. The missus and older two were out of the house pre-butt crack of dawn, headed an hour south for a the first volleyball tourney of the season. The youngest and I opted to sleep in and after a coffee run to Peet’s, are knocking out some chores and hangin.

Great shave right about lunch time. I must be on a subconscious 3017 mission with this Soapy Science tub. I haven’t swapped it out all week! Still a ways to go…but it’s definitely under 50% now. Finished up with darker scent though. Given that it’s just us two dudes at home, I blasted myself with a couple full spritzes of DHP. Lovin it!

May have the lead on deal for an older batch of Heeley Cardinal in the works. If the price ends up being right, I’ll probably bite!

Word from the missus is that the boys are 4-0 so far in the tournament. Whatever the outcome sounds like they’ve gotten some quality play time and are doing really well!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #50 (680 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Up for church! Yesterday ended well enough, with spirits bolstered from a good tournament plus a solid hamburger dinner.

Great shave this morning! Not much to report. Just switched up the AS and frag to something a little more bright - Pitralon Classic AS followed by a hosing of DHS ‘19!

Grocery shopping to do for the week later. Otherwise should hopefully be another chill day.

Hogwarts has been much fun and is going along swimmingly. I believe I’m very close to obtaining my first Unforgivable Curse. Call me a snotty Sytherin brat, but I’m gonna be Avada Kadavering people left and right once that’s unlocked! 😂

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #51 (681 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Sartorial clone oil + Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

An overall nice weekend. A shame it wasn’t a long one like the kids’ but oh well.

Great shave this morning. Everything performed fairly flawlessly. Went for a classy, super fresh scent combo today. Finished up with my Sartorial clone oil and then some decent spritzes of the real deal. So good!

Unfortunately my lead for the Heeley didn’t come to fruition. While an OK deal on an older batch, the guy just wanted more than I was comfortable with and slowly increased the price each time I communicated with him. So that search continues. However…he did have a superb deal on a very high partial bottle of Avignon. So a deal was certainly struck on that! Should be arriving before the end of the week.

The missus heads out today for her final 3 days of intensives for her masters degree. Thankfully the kids are off school today and only have a volleyball practice happening, so that leaves me with only 2 days of single parent duty.

Here we go!

Happy Monday all!

Back