The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #45 (675 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Guerlain Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Hectic Monday out of the way…boy was that busy! 😮‍💨

Great shave this morning! Realized I’m actually making some pretty good progress finally it seems on this Lollipop Citrus soap. Could see bottom pretty soon…though per usual still have a high ring along the outside. Weird how that happens! Finished up with Ideal Cologne for that nice almond. Yum!

Jubilation lasted all day! I’m either getting decants of older juice (as we all know if we’re in the frag game long enough, one hears about reformulations) or folks are in a tizzy over nothing. The frags were a bit less noticeable when outside in the open air mind you, but inside in a controlled environment, they were still definitely present. Now the clock starts as Luckyscent gave me a coupon to use within 20 days to decide if I make a purchase or not.

Todays high winds are already not helping me get over the gunky stuff! Thankfully I’ll be inside at the EOL facility most of the day.

A nice dessert and drinks planned out with the missus later tonight for Valentine’s Day.

Have a great Tuesday all!

I’m either getting decants of older juice (as we all know if we’re in the frag game long enough, one hears about reformulations) or folks are in a tizzy over nothing.

Maybe…

1676389058382.gif

Hope the winds die down and you feel better and have a great day and evening my friend!

Shave #46 (676 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Moving right along through the week! Ended up being a pretty busy and full day yesterday at work. The night ended up with a nice drink and dessert out with the missus though.

Great shave this morning. Must be on a mini 3017 kick even more than usual as I haven’t rotated my soap out yet this week. I blame Sam and Bruce! Finished up stronk though with Fine Platinum AS and Sauvage Elixir; I had mercy on my coworkers though and only did a few sprays of Elixir, so I’m only half-nuclear today 😂

OT workout later this evening finally!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Shave #47 (677 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Tough workout last night and an overall busy day…but it resulted in us getting Thai food for dinner…so all worth it!

Great shave this morning! Only one blip in the form of a starting stroke that dug a bit under the chin, so had a bit of a weeper. Other than that, smooth sailing! Finished up with Pitralon Classic AS and DH 2020…smelling great!

A few home/facility visits scheduled today…been a lot of unexpecteds this week though, so we’ll see how much those plans hold.

Have a great Thursday all!

I haven't enjoyed Thai food in a good long while. Might need to remedy that soon. :)
Absolutely! Accept no substitutes! We try to get it at least a nice every couple weeks to spice up the palate and meal plan! There’s some great curries we’ve found also that are easy to throw into the Instapot.
Love me some Thai food! I’m sure it was delish!

Have a great day Chris!
It was superb! Thanks Brian!
Uh oh. @Scuttlesoap is going to buy a Thai restaurant now
I need to borrow some money
He may have to offer his shave hardware as collateral on the loan! 😂

Shave #48 (678 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Dolce & Gabbana The One + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Dang…Friday already?! I’m OK with that! Tired though…kids had a late night out at the movies watching the new Ant Man with their youth group; had to go pick them up and didn’t get back and to bed until after midnight 🥲

Great shave this morning at least! Smooth sailing all round. Reached for the sweet, slightly gourmand, spicy, boozy vanilla combo. No complaints here!

Another busy day ahead with visits all over the place. Definitely gonna need a coffee this morning. 😮‍💨 Here we go!

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #48 (678 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Razorock The Stallion AS, and Dolce & Gabbana The One + Rochas Moustache EDP to finish!

Dang…Friday already?! I’m OK with that! Tired though…kids had a late night out at the movies watching the new Ant Man with their youth group; had to go pick them up and didn’t get back and to bed until after midnight 🥲

Great shave this morning at least! Smooth sailing all round. Reached for the sweet, slightly gourmand, spicy, boozy vanilla combo. No complaints here!

Another busy day ahead with visits all over the place. Definitely gonna need a coffee this morning. 😮‍💨 Here we go!

Have a great Friday all!
Chris gonna be noddin' all day thanks to Antman!

giphy-downsized.gif

Back