The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #36 (666 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT + Creed Aventus to finish!

Up for church!

Great shave this morning! Sadly back to cold water though…just can’t bear to let the faucet run long enough to let it warm up. That would be irresponsible. Still, ended up with pleasing results…and I smell dang good!

Stuffing my face with an apple fritter before heading out the door 🤫

Have a blessed Sunday alll!

Shave #37 (667 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

New week ahead…hopefully it’s a good one! Bring it Monday!

Great shave this morning. Not a whole lot to report, except 3 clean passes and a great result! Reached for the fresh woodsy citrus today and finished with Pitralon Classic + a dousing of ADP Colonia Intensa!

Dropping the kids off at school this morning then it’s straight to the EOL facility for a body blessing. Some catch up to do from the weekend but not quite sure what the rest of the day might hold.

Have a great Monday all!

(So long as a safety plan is in place)
Yes! :oops:

giphy.gif

Shave #38 (668 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil + Acqua Di Parma Colonia to finish!

Wasn’t so bad yesterday after all, as far as Mondays go!

Pretty good shave this morning. A couple blips on the moustache area. But they’ve sealed up nicely. Skin is still drying out a bit, so having to keep some extra moisturizer in the routine. ADP two days in a row! Today it was a cloud of the OG with a little extra fresh added from some swipes of the Sartorial clone oil stick.

IDT meeting this morning followed by a day mostly at the EOL facility. Definitely beelining for a cup of genmaicha when I get there, chilly morning!

Have a great Tuesday all!

I think you give our good Barber Dave a run for his money on the amount of shaves on the Tedalus! AdP Colonia for the win as well.

Have a most wonderful day my friend!

Last edited:
Shave #39 (669 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Hittin that half way mark! It’s Wednesday!
7D900B06-FB64-4F6B-A6D1-8F0F5FB57419.gif

Pretty good shave this morning. Would have been better if I didn’t have a volcano of a pimple sprout up, holy smokes! It got poked a few times during the shave, so there was some blood. Thankfully it wasn’t a weeper. I do have an angry red splotch on my face now though…thank goodness for mask requirements at work! 😂

Busy day ahead. I got a whopping number of new admits yesterday evening, so I’ll be making headway on that today. OT workout later this evening.

Have a great day all!

Nothing wrong with hacking the odd pimple off and i have done that plenty of times when i was younger. But never the Dixon mole that refuses to die or go away. Granny Dixon had the same thing, which explains why we ran like hell when having to kiss her whiskery face on leaving family events. 'Hey Granny... get a shave!'
Rather than a sign of youth, i take pimples as a sign of being stressed out, not eating well enough or skincare needs an upgrade, The glass is always half empty unless it's my round!

T

can i set my font preferences to permanently be the way i like them, or do i have to alter them each time i log in?

D&G The One Baby!

Pimples just show that you are still young at heart!

Hope your day and your workout go great!
Busy day, but I survived! Workout was tough…semi-ran out of steam the last third of class; had to take it a bit slower so I could finish strong!
Nothing wrong with hacking the odd pimple off and i have done that plenty of times when i was younger. But never the Dixon mole that refuses to die or go away. Granny Dixon had the same thing, which explains why we ran like hell when having to kiss her whiskery face on leaving family events. 'Hey Granny... get a shave!'
Rather than a sign of youth, i take pimples as a sign of being stressed out, not eating well enough or skincare needs an upgrade, The glass is always half empty unless it's my round!

T

can i set my font preferences to permanently be the way i like them, or do i have to alter them each time i log in?
No black cats and cast iron pots though right? 🤔
Put on some LNHC AS tonic (in the spray bottle) on the blotchy part and reapply before bedtime. No kidding, that creamy tonic has healed my face overnight.
Good to know!

Shave #40 (670 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rush AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Another busy day yesterday, another busy day ahead!

Pretty darn good shave this morning. Still a little back talk from yesterday’s decapitated pimple but at least the inflammation is down and it’s healing some. Otherwise, 3 solid passes! Finished with an aquatic blue combo - the classic discoed scent of Barbasol PR and the widely loved (and reviled) Sauvage EDT. I guess today’s shave is in support of camp Depp? Thankfully no jars of substance are included. 😂

IDT meeting this morning then it’s on like Donkey Kong! So much to do before the weekend hits!

Have a great Thursday all!

Back