The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

One of the best sci-fi!

Thanks…mine went great. For the missus however, it did not go so well. Usually she didn’t have issues with draws but this time the tech couldn’t find a good draw spot and ended up bursting a vessel. 🤦‍♂️

She has to now schedule a second appointment a different day.
We have the same incentive stuff at work. Apparently the high end of a liver function test is 20. The lab showed me at 200. So I lost my incentive and had to pay an office visit to my doc to make sure I wasn’t dead. Turns out … I’m not.

Is this how the movie Gattaca started?
I’d forgotten about that movie! 😂
We have the same incentive stuff at work. Apparently the high end of a liver function test is 20. The lab showed me at 200. So I lost my incentive and had to pay an office visit to my doc to make sure I wasn’t dead. Turns out … I’m not.
We’re all just a little dead inside.
50049FF9-7E78-449B-9E99-DDD26AD2E226.gif

Wonder what @CVargo's liver would score on that test. :unsure:

Shave #33 (663 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Tough OT workout last night lots of supersets and running…but I made it! Phew!

Great shave this morning to get the day started. Still managed to get it done in a decent time despite having to share the bathroom this morning, since the missus has an early class today. 3 solid passes and finished up with the woodsy fresh combo - Pitralon Classic AS + DH ‘20!

More home visits today, maybe a pop into the EOL facility as well, as there was a passing overnight. Looking forward to the day warming things up a bit! Nights have been cold! So hard to force myself out of the blankets mornings 😂

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #33 (663 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Tough OT workout last night lots of supersets and running…but I made it! Phew!

Great shave this morning to get the day started. Still managed to get it done in a decent time despite having to share the bathroom this morning, since the missus has an early class today. 3 solid passes and finished up with the woodsy fresh combo - Pitralon Classic AS + DH ‘20!

More home visits today, maybe a pop into the EOL facility as well, as there was a passing overnight. Looking forward to the day warming things up a bit! Nights have been cold! So hard to force myself out of the blankets mornings 😂

Have a great Thursday all!
Get SWOLE Chris!!

giphy.gif

Shave #34 (664 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil to finish!

Well my weekend warrior friends, we’ve made it to that beautiful day of the week…so much potential and so much exhaustion. It’s Friday!

Great shave this morning. 3 great passes with the Essence, the Feather Pro edge just hanging on to its comfortable feel. Finished up with a bit of a different combo - the original formula Fine Platinum AS which is more menthol and I think a little lighter on scent, plus Penhaligon’s Sartorial clone oil I have lurking in the dank depths of my shaving cabinet. Now that I have the actual stuff, it’s time to eliminate the old. The clone oil smells good, but is only a shadow of the real stuff; what’s fortunate is that it’s a fresh, powdery/talc kind of scent that can layer with pretty much any other freshie, so hopefully it won’t take too long to get through.

At least a half day if not longer at the EOL facility today. We’ll see what else!

GoW Ragnarok has been conquered! Just playing through the little wrap-up epilogue that has a few missions and basically is your last chance to finish any side quests you haven’t completed. There’s word of a New Game+ update coming mid year…we’ll see! Overall a pretty good game! But the road is set to enjoy the release of Hogwarts Legacy.

Happy Friday all!

Well my weekend warrior friends, we’ve made it to that beautiful day of the week…so much potential and so much exhaustion. It’s Friday!
My local radio station has a Morgan Freeman jingle much to that effect and i cannot find a recording of it, but it goes something like
'Friday. Only an 8 hour workday before you get to the margaritas that are calling your name. So enjoy that 45 minute drive to work in your POS car. Because Friday night is the start of something good and the end of something very, very bad!'
T

My local radio station has a Morgan Freeman jingle much to that effect and i cannot find a recording of it, but it goes something like
'Friday. Only an 8 hour workday before you get to the margaritas that are calling your name. So enjoy that 45 minute drive to work in your POS car. Because Friday night is the start of something good and the end of something very, very bad!'
T
Sounds like a quality station! 😎👍

Shave #35 (665 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress…and I’ll take it! OT workout this morning followed by a nice breakfast and coffee out with the missus. Then back home for…spoiler alert…chores! Finally got the Christmas stuff put away too, so there’s that.

Great warm water shave after a cleaning shower. Feather Pro blade still going strong and the gear/software fired on all cylinders today! Finished up with a healthy Don sized glug of Fine Platinum and went all out with two full DHP spritzes. It’s a real shame the missus absolutely hates this one. It’s my most expensive frag and it’s worth every penny…and smells superb for this cool coastal day.

Laundry to finish up (on the correct day for laundry, so us non-retired folks can actually get a mostly full day off tomorrow Sam). Then, who knows!

Stopped by Sephora on the way home to sample CAHSEE and Chanel Egöist Platinum. Glad I haven’t pulled any blind buy triggers honestly, though the deals were good. CAHSEE opening I don’t like very much, but it does settle into a good citrusy woodsy drydown…much like older DHS iterations, but a bit younger in vibe. So basically I have that base covered already. Egöist Platinum is pure 90s in a bottle. No real other way to put it. It’s bold, clean, a bit metallic…somewhat reminded me of when I used to wear Michael Jordan. The drydown is OK too. It’s good if you got it but just now a wow for me. People equate it to a modern barbershop, but I don’t get that vibe at all.

In other news, having a hard time finding decants and partials of CdG Avignon and Heeley Cardinal on the grey market. May be forced to go retail which will be major wallet ouch. I’m hankering for some church incense though!

Hope you’re having a great Saturday all!

Back