The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Hope the day is turning out great my friend! I’d be hesitant to do a workout named OT - I don’t do overtime unless money is involved!

View attachment 103461
Finding it more difficult to keep my weight down lately without starving myself. Doesn’t help that I’m prone to snack if things are around either…which they will be with 3 growing boys in the house 😂 Some days are OK, others I step on the scale and am just “ugh!” Not sure I have the energy for a 3rd class per week though.
AF1685D5-5ED5-49F3-8CA8-33E555255FAF.gif

Finding it more difficult to keep my weight down lately without starving myself. Doesn’t help that I’m prone to snack if things are around either…which they will be with 3 growing boys in the house 😂 Some days are OK, others I step on the scale and am just “ugh!” Not sure I have the energy for a 3rd class per week though.
View attachment 103462
You can do it!

Shave #26 (656 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Thursday!

Workout went well last night, though it was a power day for arms part of the class…nothing like burning out your arms then trying to keep them up for tread time 😂

Great shave this morning. One more shave to go for this Feather, then it gets binned. Reached for more summery scents today. The weather has been pretty cold nights but once that sun gets out and hits the car while I’m out and driving around, it can warm up a decent bit! Pitralon Classic AS + Profumo to finish things off!

Morning IDT meeting and then more home visits today. Should keep me busy and out of trouble! 😂

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #27 (657 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh to finish!

Can’t believe it’s Friday already! Almost to that weekend!

Great shave this morning. The blade did that thing again where it makes you think you should try and push it a few more shaves since it did so good today…but nope! Not falling for it this time sir! Finished up with smoky/woody/incense - Fine Platinum AS plus the beautiful Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh! C&S doesn’t get mentioned much at all around frag spots, but the scents are great even if they are kind disappointing at times in performance…then there’s the price of course. Anyway Frankincense & Myrrh is a wonderful, spicy, light church incense frag. Very comforting and satisfying for me, who grew up with a similar smell on church holy days.

Headed out to the EOL facility for most of the work day. The missus will be out and about over the next 48 hours as some friends have come to town, but otherwise it’ll be a fairly regular weekend coming up. Maybe a dinner out and there is one “paint party” planned for tomorrow.

Here we go! Happy Friday all!

Going upscale for the shave today my brother!

View attachment 103588

Have a wonderful day……the paint party sounds like fun (if it involves pottery - if it is like painting a room - then even if pizza was included - you are a better friend than me).
Thanks Brian!

The friend that is coming up is an artist and setup a paint party while she’s here. So it’s that kind of paint party. I’m sure there’ll be foofoo drinks and finger foods the ladies will enjoy.

Shave #28 (658 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Less of a normal Saturday than I anticipated! It was pretty dang busy actually. But at least some fun was had…and I got a shave squeezed in…so there’s that.

The fruits of my paint pastels party labor:
image.jpg

Shave #28 (658 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Less of a normal Saturday than I anticipated! It was pretty dang busy actually. But at least some fun was had…and I got a shave squeezed in…so there’s that.

The fruits of my paint pastels party labor:
View attachment 103724
Nice work with the colors there Gear!

Shave #29 (659 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Tom Ford Oud Minerale to finish!

Not the best nights sleep unfortunately but up at a reasonable hour anyway to scoot out to church.

Great shave this morning. Same players as yesterday except I finished with Proraso Red AS and TF Oud Minerale. Intoxicating aura of lightly smoky dry driftwood and sea/ocean. Yum!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #30 (660 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Le sigh…Monday.

Great shave this morning per usual. Only one little nicks on the moustache area but it sealed up by the time the shave was through. Finished up with woodsy, grapefruit, ginger in using Pitralon Classic + DHS ‘19!

Making good progress on GoW Ragnarok. Hoping to having it done or mostly done by the time the Hogwarts early access begins!

Day will be spent out n about on home visits. Two eldest kids have their indoor volleyball season starting. Gonna be a busy stretch till summer!

Have a great day all!

Back