The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #19 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Rough but good OT workout last night, I totally ran out of energy the last 10 minutes though…phew! Got Mexican food to go from a good local joint.

Great shave this morning! 3 smooth passes over some stellar lather. Bathed in grapefruity citrusy goodness, with a Lucky Tiger AS + DHS ‘19 finish!

Should hopefully be a fairly chill day at work. A bit of a lighter schedule so far, so hoping to get some sermon work done. Later tonight the missus and I are going out to her greatly delayed office holiday party.

Have a great Thursday all!

Bathed in grapefruity citrusy goodness, with a Lucky Tiger AS + DHS ‘19 finish!
Watch out world! Here comes Chris!! 😁

giphy.gif

capsule_616x353.jpg

Well, the expression is appropriate...
I’m not much for parties and get-togethers but there’s usually decent drinks and good appetizers, so usually I politely stuff my face while the missus chats. If nice she gets her fill or feels like the obligation to go has been fulfilled, we get outta Dodge. 😂

Work parties are the absolute worst and i refuse point blank to attend any at all, even when they are giving money, food or drink away. Last year i turned down a guaranteed $500 for one close-to-Christmas event, and deliberately booked a vacation day for that event. My social skills are not so well-developed i can hide the contempt or disdain for some events.
But since i live on the Mexican side of town, i know all the best places to eat well!

T

Work parties are the absolute worst and i refuse point blank to attend any at all, even when they are giving money, food or drink away. Last year i turned down a guaranteed $500 for one close-to-Christmas event, and deliberately booked a vacation day for that event. My social skills are not so well-developed i can hide the contempt or disdain for some events.
But since i live on the Mexican side of town, i know all the best places to eat well!

T
You’re braver than me! I don’t think I’d go that far…I at least try to make a token appearance most of the time. Thankfully my better half loves these functions for the most part, so I rely on her heavily, but recognizes when I’ve had my limit.

Shave #20 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Survived last nights party. Got a good Manhattan and decent dinner out of it…so it was worth the hour and a half/two hours spent.

Great shave this morning! I’ve used this combo a lot before so not much extra to report…just a great result and walking away with a great low key sweet yet smoky vanilla vibe.

Just finished a brief training this morning, that thankfully could be attended from the comforts of Zoom at home while getting ready for the day. Otherwise heading out to the EOL facility first thing for a Body Blessing and some visits. Slowly plugging away at the sermon. It’s not finished yet, but making progress I think.

Have a great Friday all! Almost to that weekend!

Great minds think alike - I used this today!

I prefer Brooklyn - how can you not like a place that rocks pizza and has Coney Island - but unfortunately they don’t have a cocktail that you can order at a delayed Holiday Party 😂

Good luck with the sermon Chris!
Only one? Dean Martin does not approve!

giphy.gif
One drink is usually good for me! And you know those professionally mixed drinks…they tend to be on the strong side rather than the tasty side.

Thanks friends! Happy Friday!

Only one? Dean Martin does not approve!

giphy.gif
The funny thing about Dean Martin is that the majority of his career when he was on stage and acting drunk and drinking, he was drinking apple juice or iced tea although he was not a teetotaler he actually control his alcohol very well. There was an interview with his daughter, Deanna Martin, who indicated that he came home for dinner every night and again, mostly apple juice or iced tea when he was on stage is act was owned by Jack Benny and foster brooks helped him do the drunk act. Dean Martin was an amazing person.

Shave #21 (651 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Homme Eau to finish!

Busy day my friends, far busier than I’d have liked…but no sense in complaining about it…too much anyway 😜

Hope you’re all well and having a great Saturday!

Back