The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

4QZ3.gif

Shave #22 (652 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Barbasol Pacific Rich AS, and Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP to finish!

Up n at em for church. Sermon is a ready as it’s gonna get. Thankfully this morning is also a breakfast together time, so any heresy will be drowned out with good food and full stomachs 😂

Another great shave this morning. One shave change I made yesterday was that I decided it was time to hop back on the open blade train, to start the back half journey from 600-700. Finished up today with some wonderful blue scents - Barbasol PR and BDC EDP! Yum!

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

Shave #23 (653 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ugh, Monday already? Bah humbug. This weekend flew by way too fast!

Great shave this morning at least. Only a couple nicks where the blade caught a raised hair follicle or two. Nothing to complain about really. Finished up with the well established combo - Pitralon Classic AS + DH ‘20 for the woodsy fresh!

Not sure what kind of a week lies ahead. Guess I’ll be finding out one way or another 😂

Happy Monday all!

Love Pitralon Classic. I really need another bottle. Mine has maybe 2 small splashes left.
I do enjoy it! Sadly though, I'm finding that I’m wanting to go more towards the lesser to no scent AS lately for some reason, unless the AS covers a scent profile I like but don’t have a frag for.

I don’t think I’ll be getting more of this one once gone.

Shave #24 (654 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Ended up being a fairly tame Monday yesterday thankfully!

Pretty good shave this morning. Only a couple small nicks when the blade encountered a some skin irregularities. Another well established combo to finish up today’s routine. Laid down that nice smokey vanilla with Moustache EDP + The One.

Day at the EOL facility today. IDT meeting to kick things off. Here we go!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #25 (655 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Just about half way through the work week already! ✈️

Great shave this morning! A couple small nicks again, thankfully they close up quickly…and I don’t really feel them! Powerhouse dark scent combo today - Fine Platinum AS + the iris bomb DHP! Just a couple half spitzes will do ya!

Out n about on home visits today. And as if I wasn’t already tired enough, OT workout later this evening! It’ll be followed up by a takeout dinner of some sort.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Back