The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #15 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Spartan Burl brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Old Spice AS, and Dior Homme Intense to finish!

Welp…the rain fizzled out yesterday afternoon with only a light drizzle overnight. More downpour expected later afternoon. Guess we’ll see! Not the best night’s sleep though. Soreness from the morning workout finally set in and I could just not get comfortable.

Great shave this morning at least, even better than yesterday. Tried a new scent combo for the finish - Old Spice AS + DHI…and it works! The Old Spice might mellow the pop of DHI a bit but still smells great.

Church this morning. Then should be a chill day after!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #16 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Some nice rains and a bit of wind moved into the area yesterday afternoon and stuck around through the early morning. Looks like nature has spent her fury for the timing being though as things are clearing up and it’s cold but sunny days on the extended forecast.

Excellent shave this morning! Wanted to use that dry, sweet almond of Ideal Cologne, so just paired it all with citrus. 3 smooth passes with no incident. Citrusy/slightly herbaceous scent of Speick AS as an underlying base. Smelling great!

May be a busy week ahead. Work has put everyone on a new benefits package, so there’s some registrations to be done. Preaching to prepare for this Sunday. Visitations and patient care to get done all along the way!

It’s Monday and it feels like it! Hope you all have a good one!

Shave #16 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Some nice rains and a bit of wind moved into the area yesterday afternoon and stuck around through the early morning. Looks like nature has spent her fury for the timing being though as things are clearing up and it’s cold but sunny days on the extended forecast.

Excellent shave this morning! Wanted to use that dry, sweet almond of Ideal Cologne, so just paired it all with citrus. 3 smooth passes with no incident. Citrusy/slightly herbaceous scent of Speick AS as an underlying base. Smelling great!

May be a busy week ahead. Work has put everyone on a new benefits package, so there’s some registrations to be done. Preaching to prepare for this Sunday. Visitations and patient care to get done all along the way!

It’s Monday and it feels like it! Hope you all have a good one!
Now, when you say "cold"...

giphy.gif

Shave #17 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ended up being pretty darn busy yesterday. Bit windy yesterday afternoon through this morning but nothing serious. Bye bye rain 👋

Great shave this morning. Proven setup and scent combo choices. Excellent results!

Today will largely be spent at the EOL facility making visits and being generally available. Had a small sliver of time to start the sermon for Sunday. The prearranged text is Luke 1:26-38. Hopefully I get some more time to work on that too.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Have a great Tuesday Chris. Hopefully all your water reserves are fully stocked again with all this rain. I was watching the news the other day and they had a water engineer (how do you get that job - yup - that’s water) and he was stating that reservoirs were getting towards capacity) - but he also emphasized that people shouldn’t be watering their lawns….that cracked me up - but given the current state of our society today- maybe it’s good that he reminded everyone 😂

Have a great Tuesday Chris. Hopefully all your water reserves are fully stocked again with all this rain. I was watching the news the other day and they had a water engineer (how do you get that job - yup - that’s water) and he was stating that reservoirs were getting towards capacity) - but he also emphasized that people shouldn’t be watering their lawns….that cracked me up - but given the current state of our society today- maybe it’s good that he reminded everyone 😂
It was definitely a good bout of rain, that will hopefully help us avoid extensive wildfires in the coming season but I fear CA will need much more to keep us out of drought/water worries.

I don’t think I’m a combover type
A few years ago my hair was longer and I combed it. One morning as I was doing this in a mirror, with the sun shining through a window behind me, I found myself looking at my back-lit head, which clearly showed the round contour of my head under a neatly combed layer of hair. I went to buzzcuts later that week. I will not do a combover!

A few years ago my hair was longer and I combed it. One morning as I was doing this in a mirror, with the sun shining through a window behind me, I found myself looking at my back-lit head, which clearly showed the round contour of my head under a neatly combed layer of hair. I went to buzzcuts later that week. I will not do a combover!
Here here! I swore to my self in my 20's that when it starts to go, I'm going short.

Stop the comb over!

2rw9bw.jpg

Shave #18 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

023D18FF-FDDA-4B73-8291-E0206C0674A5.gif

Great shave this morning. Not much to reports…just great all around. Great mix today with the finishing scents - dark smokiness of Platinum with the peppery blue macho vibes of Sauvage EDT. Savvy?

IDT meeting to get to this morning, then some home visits and more sermon work.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Back