The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

"Everything else remains varied though from day to day."

Shave 8
Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!
shave 9
Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!
shave 10
Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Please define "Everything else".

Shave #11 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Yesterday passed without incident thankfully. No rain after it cleared up in the morning, even a bit of sun peeping through the clouds. Should be cloudy the rest of the week till Saturday when more rain might come. Everything is opening back up and the cleanup is underway in most parts of the city. My family is fortunate that what we experienced could overall be somewhat equated to a snow day.

Great shave this morning! Not a whole lot to report though. Finished up with the winning Fine Platinum AS/DHP combo.

Fortunately my patient list is smaller than normal at this time, so the weather holdup didn’t put me behind on visits. Still, getting things back on track today with a regular work day ahead.

Happy Wednesday all!

Chris (and the rest of California) walking outside yesterday...

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #12 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Decent day yesterday finishing by with an OT workout and a nice Thai dinner brought home to eat. Bit of a doozy on that workout…it was a mile benchmark day, in other words, get a mile done as fast as you can in one go. I’ve done as much as 2 miles during classes in the last year, but it’s been broken up and over an extended period, so wasn’t sure what to expect of myself. I never was much of a distance runner (if a mile could be considered that), I’ve always been more of a short distance sprinter if I had to be. Well, guess I’m no spring chicken anymore. Clocked in at 9:17 and was huffin n puffin pretty good by the end 😂

Great shave this morning! 3 easy n quick passes, no complaints. Worked in some less-used scents today - Mandom AS (powdery motor oil) and ADG Absolu Instinct (sweet woods) to top it off.

IDT this morning with at least a couple visits lined up.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #13 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Rochas Moustache EDP + D&G The One to finish!

Friday workplace appropriate dance!
4C50F4A5-9B38-43D2-A647-82F6C75A21D5.gif

Great shave this morning, wrapping up a week of Vector love. Not sure what’s up to bat next…an OC maybe? Reached for my smoky sweet vanilla frags today. Rochas Moustache EDP layered with D&G The One! Neither of them are screamin performers but they get by and smell great!

Area weather alerts got sent out again last night. More rainstorms due in late tonight, possibly through Monday. Not sure quite how bad it’s supposed to be, but with it following so closely on the heels of the last one, they put out flood warning anyway. Guess we’ll see!

Happy Friday all! Almost at that finish line!

Shave #14 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 OC, Astra SP blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress for the most part. A smattering of rain overnight with the storm finally moving in mid morning. Not quite as torrential as last weekend but still a decent downpour. OT workout this morning was tough. The focus was 20+ minutes of running on the tread…broken up into base paces and conservative pushes. Felt pretty winded half way through but I knew if I slowed down from the program, I’d never be able to get back into the groove, so I pushed on and just made it through.

Great shave and cleanup this morning betwixt laundry loads. Switched to the GC .68 OC for some good results. About as aggressive as I’d want these days for blade feel without feeling like I’m going to potato peel my face off. Finished up with a nice woodsy Italian classic - ADP Colonia Intensa!

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!

Back