The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

You inspired me, Chris. Just gave myself two spritzes of a clone purported to be close to the original: Al Haramain L'Aventure. Love the smell. Hope Sheri stays upstairs for an hour or so...
EDCC610C-0C38-4566-959F-D0EAB25DB4F4.gif
You go Bruce! Stick it to the man!
(quietly and secretly so as not to be noticed)

Shave #7 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Yaqi Moka brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Chiseled Face Sherlock AS, and Tom Ford Ombré Leather to finish!

Forgot to post my shave earlier! A fairly typical Saturday, full of chores and other things, but a good day.

Shave #8 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Didn’t forget todays post! Up and at em for church!

Great shave this morning. Not much to take care of as far as stubble m, given the use of Vector and the lateness of yesterday’s shave…but I went fully through all the motions anyway! A bit of a scent experiment today to finish things off…the extremely in your face fresh barbershop of Barba with a couple partial spritzes of the sophisticated and deliciously dark DHP!

Main chores are done for the weekend, just some grocery shopping left for the week ahead. Other thank that, should be a decent day! Had some light rains come in last night through this morning. Another storm watch for tomorrow and Tuesday!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #9 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Rain picked up late last night and some moderate winds…the dump has kept up all the way through now and should continue through the whole day! Didn’t lose power thankfully and the yard’s a puddle but no flooding into the house. Needless to say, not the best nights rest though!

Great shave this morning at least…even if the rain will wash off all the scent when I step out 😂. Pretty well used scent combo for the setup today, these things just seems to go well together. Easy peasy.

Day shouldn’t be too bad I think for a Monday. It’ll be battling the elements that will be the worst of it.

Happy Monday all! Let’s get it over with!

Shave #9 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Rain picked up late last night and some moderate winds…the dump has kept up all the way through now and should continue through the whole day! Didn’t lose power thankfully and the yard’s a puddle but no flooding into the house. Needless to say, not the best nights rest though!

Great shave this morning at least…even if the rain will wash off all the scent when I step out 😂. Pretty well used scent combo for the setup today, these things just seems to go well together. Easy peasy.

Day shouldn’t be too bad I think for a Monday. It’ll be battling the elements that will be the worst of it.

Happy Monday all! Let’s get it over with!
Wanted: Gopher wood..

Need enough for structure 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high...

Contact @GearNoir

giphy-downsized.gif

Whoa!! Ktla is saying that carpenteria and the city of Santa Barbara are under mandatory evacuation. I hope you and the family are okay.

Shave #10 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Heavy rains continued on and off through this early morning. Lots of flooding all over but thankfully none in the immediate area of home. Everyone except the essential essential workers got sent home from work early afternoon yesterday to ride things out so they didn’t get stuck in office buildings or elsewhere. Should be starting to clam through today. Remote work today.

Great shave after an extra wink of sleep. Only nicked myself once on the chin. Finished up with Fine Platinum AS and a few healthy spritzes of the nuclear Sauvage Elixir to make the whole house smell good today 😂

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far!

Shave #10 (650 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Blackland Vector, Schick Proline blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Heavy rains continued on and off through this early morning. Lots of flooding all over but thankfully none in the immediate area of home. Everyone except the essential essential workers got sent home from work early afternoon yesterday to ride things out so they didn’t get stuck in office buildings or elsewhere. Should be starting to clam through today. Remote work today.

Great shave after an extra wink of sleep. Only nicked myself once on the chin. Finished up with Fine Platinum AS and a few healthy spritzes of the nuclear Sauvage Elixir to make the whole house smell good today 😂

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far!
Al ain't doing you guys any favors...

giphy.gif

Back